LONG TIME AGO...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember when dial up was fast...it really was...now it`s slow as *****. Do the IP think we forgot, or do they just think new comp userers are young and stupid...think this crap is normall and try to sell "better" stupid stuff thats really no faster than the old...but now just cost more????

Ken

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two dial-up ISPs I use are indeed bad. Even recognizing the phone lines will only operate at 24KB, they are still bad. Often I get around 14 KB, and sometimes I get nothing at all.

I wish cable would offer an intermediate speed service at a reasonable price. I don't need the high speed service, and the price is more than I want to pay.

I don't have cable TV (I'm too cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) so getting cable internet would really hurt.

K A

Enlightened
Cox Communications is going to roll out tiered service sometime. They will have a basic service for the same price as dialup (like 128kbit up/down), probably a middle service at 1.5mbit down/128kbit up, then what they currently offer of 3mbit down/256kbit up, and a forth tier of 4mbit down/ 256kbit up.

I dont know much of the particulars but they will be rolling this stuff out slowly.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have cable TV (I'm too cheap ) so getting cable internet would really hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was able to get RR installed without cable TV. It is offered as an independent service and costs the same either way here.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Even cable has its speed problems. Some sites load as slowly as my old dial-up.

Brightnorm