Gaskets or O-rings

resistor

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys! A newbie question here, but i think its of utmost importance in keeping environment/external conditions from affecting our torches/lights.

which goes in first or sequence of parts in putting back the torch together after cleaning. should it be:

1. Crown (head of light)
2. Gasket/O-ring
3. glass
4. body of the light.

or should the gasket be put on 3rd?

Hope someone could kindly explain too which and why. Thanks in advance guys.

resistor

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Sorry if I left out some details. Lets take the Xeno F8 v6 torch as an example. It has an integral design of its head and body. But has a removable crown. This is where im confused, where the gaskets gets in between? Crown & glass ? Or glass & reflector? Thanks again guys. Hope someone could explain the right placement and some technical explanation on this matter.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
My Xeno G42 goes: Stainless steel bezel ring/crown > glass > glow in the dark O-ring > Reflector.

So, the O-ring is between the glass and the 'lip' of the reflector.

The Xeno lights are under-rated IMO, they have fantastic build quality.

Edit: As for 'why?'... I'm pretty sure that it's how it came from the factory (I've had it open a few times thinking about emitter swaps). I would have thought this arrangement protects the o-ring from shear forces created by tightening down the bezel ring.

Last edited:

resistor

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your response gravelmonkey. As for xenos' build quality, I agree with you as well. Fine machining and very good torch.