BTU vs HID's

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Yes I'm comparing my modded BTU to HID's. And in my opinion, it holds its own in this comparison. So the lights are a Firefox FF4 (stock) & a Yezl 85wt(4300k bulb) & BTU (6amp IOS driver, XML2 U2's dedomed, beefed up wires and springs). Also threw in a stock TK75 for comparison sakes. The stats on all 4 lights per my testing -
-----------------------------------------------
TK75 - 2925 lumens - 94.5K
BTU - 4260 lumens - 477K
YEZL - 4720 lumens - 291K
FF4 - 7010 lumens - 430k
----------------------------------------------
Did two different sets of shots for all 4 lights. 1st set is a group of trees appx 105m away. The 2nd set was on a football field at a scoreboard appx 120m away from the camera and lights.
Anyway, here goes. First up is the trees. This set of shots shows each lights spot - hot intense and how fat that spot is. To my eyes the BTU takes the win for most intense spot. And the FF4 takes the win for a big fat spot.
Here are the shots -
-----------------------------------------------
TK75

BTU

YEZL

FF4

Now the football field scoreboard. This set of shots showcases how good a spill each light has and how intense a spot each light has. The BTU takes the slight edge in intense spot. And the BTU kicks butt with its awesome spill.
The shots -
TK75

BTU

YEZL

FF4

Last edited:

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
I'm torn between the Supershocker and the FF4. I guess overall, the Supershocker is better because it doesn't have the downfalls of HID, such as startup time.

Are you running Samsung INR18650-20R's in the Supershocker?

rdrfronty

Enlightened
I'm torn between the Supershocker and the FF4. I guess overall, the Supershocker is better because it doesn't have the downfalls of HID, such as startup time.

Are you running Samsung INR18650-20R's in the Supershocker?
Yes on the 20R's for the BTU. And running Pany PD's in the FF4.

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
Yes on the 20R's for the BTU. And running Pany PD's in the FF4.

I do the same battery wise with my Supershocker and FF4. My supershocker isn't de-domed, so I ONLY get a paltry 223kcd.

While both lights are the flashlight equivalent of a 800hp supercar that isn't good for much but showing off, they sure are awesome :D