"SL series lamps aren't interchangeable"

fivebyfive

Enlightened
\"SL series lamps aren\'t interchangeable\"

I e-mailed streamlight and asked them about the run times on the sl-20xp. I asked what the run times would be if I used the 10 watt lamp, instead of the stock 8 watt lamp. I got this reply from them.

Thank you for your inquiry. Lamp modules and battery sticks for the SL-20 series are not interchangable. Doing so will not give proper results and will cause damage to the light which will void the warrantly. There is no such thing as a 10watt lamp for the SL 20 XP. Only the 8 watt is available. THis will give you aprox. 1 1/2 hr run
time.

Regards,
Rob

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re:

Hate to make that SL guy wrong. He is wrong. Unless you are using the new 20XPLed model you can interchange lamp assemblies in SL series. You can run the 10watt 20X LA in the 20XP. It is not recommended since the 20X bulb puts out more heat, but I have been doing it in an older plastic 15X which uses the same battery pack as the 20XP, and run time is about 1 hour. Look for a SL warranty shop in your area that also sells SL lights and take your flashlight in and change it out in the shop. Streamlight web site has list of warranty shops in CA. PM me if you have questions.

Bill