Blindingly bright for ladies purse?

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife is a librarian in a small town. Often she has is in the Library alone at night and has to lock up and leave at night by herself. She's a little nervous about his...even though our little town (pop. 1000) is very safe. We are somewhat close to a larger city (pop. 100,000) and crime reports worry her.

What's the best small flashlight she could keep in her purse but bright enough and easy enough to use that could blind an attacker (she also plans to carry pepper spray).

I've owned a Brinkman LX so I'm familiar with the size, operating and brightness of that. I've though about a Scorpian or Streamlight 2L.

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
SFg2 with p61 hola? I love mine, really bright for it's size and weight. Runtime sucks at 20 min though. But it would leave a nice spot in an attackers eyes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Does your wife have the training and the willpower to rummage around in her purse when she's in a dangerous situation? Most people don't think like that unless they're conditioned to (fight or flight). Of course, if there's no immediate danger, keeping both in the purse is fine. However, the pepper spray would be almost useless in the purse.

Just a little bit of pessimism brought to you by lack of sleep.

Samoan

Enlightened
I think the 9P is a really under-appreciated light. It's not that much bigger than the 6V lights and with the P91 lamp it's *plenty* bright.

oldgrandpajack may still have one for sale. If he does GRAB IT. He's great to deal with and has excellent prices.

-Fernando

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Get her one with a push button switch for one-handed operation. The Scorpion can be had for $25 (Botach and probably others) The Brinkmann LX is about the same brightness for around $20.00 if she doesn't mind the size. The SF G2 with the modified Kroll switch is in the same brightness range for around $30.00.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I would recomend a "key defender", or "palm defender" for the pepper spray. It can be put on the key ring, has an easy to use safety, and allows the keys to be used in a swinging, or slashing method as well. For the light I would go with the SL Scorpion. I have 2, and have a hard time finding something to beat the output for the price.
This is what my wife, and I both carry.