Is there possibly better Customer Service than Malkoff?

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Been on hiatus for a while. Got into cameras (they are expensive) and moved from the back woods of Maine to a more, stable power grid area we'll say.

Anyways I still had a solid stable of lights for emergencies and such.

(C3/M91)(C2 M61)(C3/A19 M61LLL)(HDS Rotary)(SR51)(C2/L3n) and a few others.

Long story short I had purchased all of these over a year ago by now I would say. I took out the M91w the other day and for some reason I couldn't get it to turn on. I had actually lent a friend the light for his police academy and he claimed he didnt do anything to it but, well, who knows. Either way the M91 would barely turn on. I eliminated all possible problems and then left it to my girlfriend to send the item back in. I tend to work when the post office is open. Long story short, after she sends it in a few days ago to the address I texted her I got a personal phone call from Gene today. He left me a voice mail. He informed me that the module could not be saved and he would be sending me a new one right away.

I am not even entirely sure how he had my phone number. Either way, in the increasingly automated answer world we live in, having to hit numbers to go through customized menus and hold times, 4-6 week turn arounds, out of warranty non-repair service, I thought this was worth mentioning.

I also know it is no surprise on this forum but maybe its someones first week on here and they are wondering what a drop in that cost 65 bucks is since its not even a flashlight. When you get a life time warranty he upholds it. Personally. Its amazing and worthy of mentioning I thought.

So, thanks again Gene and Malkoff Devices.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Is there possibly better Customer Service than Malkoff? No.

Norm

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I don't know but vinhnguyen54 is making some of the best lights for the money on the market. And he is faster than anyone I have dealt with.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene and Cathy Malkoff are awesome. Similar to Surefire but on a more personal level.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff lights are very reliable and the customer service is top-notch if a problem arises.

gravelrash

Enlightened
+1 for Malkoff. I've had one issue I had to report to them, prompt reply, then sent back to them for repairs. All handled fast and well.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Malkoff IS top drawer, and Oveready, and V54...and some others I've dealt with, simply excellent customer service.

Shrigg

Newly Enlightened
+1 on Gene, first class. Also Henry was top notch when I had an issue with an old HDS EDC that I had picked up used on cpfmp. He got it working and also upgraded it to a high CRI emitter for free. Now I'm high CRI addicted!

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
Nope they are the best PERIOD!!

and you get a hand signed note everytime very nice :)