Clicky Switch Replacemnt

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Is there a "better" ( I know it's relative ) replacement switch than the "McClicky"? I have seen from the various parts selling sites all sorts of clicky switches. Some are obviously cheap and a dead end venture but I bet a few of the Ol'e guy's know a secret or 2 that they might want to pass along. There is nothing wrong with a McClicky upgrade and for the price who can really whine? But maybe. Just maybe there are some of you scoff at the idea of a McClicky because you found something that works better, fits more applications, costs less, etc.

scout24

Flashaholic
There is nothing better. Several companies ( Malkoff, Oveready ) use them in lights they build. Fantastic construction and feel, very high quality.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Except for very specialized (eg, ultra-high current) applications, which may require alternatives such as ZeroRez or FETtie, McClicky is the best (general purpose) clicky switch I have found ... :thumbsup:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer Solarforce switches are rated 3A & some members were able to run them without problems...
They are way much cheaper but imo, I don think that their build quality is better than McClicky.

- JonK

m4a1usr

Enlightened
The newer Solarforce switches are rated 3A & some members were able to run them without problems...
They are way much cheaper but imo, I don think that their build quality is better than McClicky.

- JonK
I should have been a bit more specific when I highlighted the word "better". Looking for a more direct drop in switch for a "C" body surefire tailcap. Trying to find a quality replacement switch that does not require a secondary adapter nut. Don't get me wrong. The aluminum retainer off a cheap Ebay pressure switch does work perfectly and for less than $4 its tough to not just say all is fine. I was just hoping or thought that someone had found a direct drop in already on the cheap side.