How do I tell which led I have olight m20

Seeker51

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Just bought what was supposed to be 0light m20 s r5. It has 320 lumens for 4 hrs. When I got the light the box said it was the wp-g2 which has 420 lumens but only lasts 1.5 hrs. Then there is an extra sticker on the box which says 320 lumens The barcode that comes with is covered over by a sticker. I removed it and checked the barcode and it doesn't register. The manual inside is for the xpg2 also. So how do I know what I really got? I researched quite a bit and decided I wanted the r5 because of the 4 Run time and many people said the extra light wasn't that much. Now I don't k ow what I got. Is there a way to tell which led is there. I did email the vendor they amazon but I can't even tell if the email went as every Tim I hit send it just reappears as if it didn't go. I may have sent the question 4 times or not at all. Any ideas for me?

Seeker51

Newly Enlightened
See pics of LEDs here: http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

but basically, the newer crees are all silver, and the previous models are green on the outside. the g2 would be silver and the r5 would be green.
Ao it looks like they sent they took a sticker and put it on the g2 saying it was the r5. Definitely silver. Can I get some opinions on this. I can send it back. I probably will never use the light on full former the half hour but still sea wrong to swap them out without asking even if the light is "better"

The newer g2 LED is more efficient, so you should get more lumens for the same runtime or the same lumens for longer. If the runtime has gone down, then the amps on the light must be much higher, which is a function of the driver, not the LED. I'm not familiar enough with that brand to give any more info...

Seeker51

Newly Enlightened
The newer g2 LED is more efficient, so you should get more lumens for the same runtime or the same lumens for longer. If the runtime has gone down, then the amps on the light must be much higher, which is a function of the driver, not the LED. I'm not familiar enough with that brand to give any more info...

I am going only on the specs and little story they tell in the description but theyt say they now pull 1.5 amps with the g2 vs 1 amp, so that sounds like what you are saying. I really didnt look at the g2 specs that much before this is what is said about the g2

Utilizing the newest Cree XP-G2 R5 LED
Drive current is increased from 1A to 1.5A, same as Olight M20S-X

Yeah, that will do it. It is like it is a different light now :thumbsdow :tsk: If it was me I'd take it up with the dealer since you specifically wanted the longer runtime. The best of both worlds would be to keep the newer LED but at the lower amp driver. For that you will still want the older light and then change out the LED.

Good luck!