Accidentally aquired a spill killer for a L2P

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
So a friend of mine sent me home with a flashlight that he found in his basement to see if I could fix it. It was a fairly cheep feeling LED light, but what was kinda neat about it was that you could screw off the tail cap and underneath was a cigaret lighter plug. So you could just plug the whole flashlight into the cigarette lighter and have it when you needed it.

Anyway, I discovered that the ground was not making it from the cig lighter part, up to the battery. I hooked up an old AT computer power supply for 12v and jumpered from the lead that was hooked to the ground on the cig lighter portion of the light, up to were the ground between the battery and the switch.

lnir.jpg

It worked temporarily, then died. Turns out, after further disassembly, The circuitry to reduce the 12v was on the ground side, not the positive side. So I was applying way to much power where it should not have been. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was cleaning up the parts and pieced today, and had one of those 1 + 1 = 2 moments. I looked at the bezel on the light and wanted to see if it would fit any of my other lights. It's the opposite of my solarfoce L2P setup. correct thread, but just reversed male/female setup.

So I ended up with this abomination. The flashlight body of the cheap charger light threading into the L2P head.

8c7o.jpg

It does kill the spill fairly well though. Not that I have a need for such a thing 95% of the time. But I'll probably keep it around for just in case. Beam Shots were with a Cree XM-L2 3000K 90+ CRI Drop-In in the host.

e3l0.jpg

tw21.jpg

Nothing groundbreaking here. I just thought it may be entertaining for some :popcorn:.

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for moving the thread Norm. I took a second to read the guidelines on what to post on General Flashlight Discussion. Will try to keep my threads in the right forums :oops:

Clever, does light shine through that switch hole though?

Nice tint, I just installed an XM-L2 7D3 90+ in my Sunwayman V10R Ti+, and I recognized that right away.

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
Clever, does light shine through that switch hole though?

I was actually kind of hoping that it would shine through the hole so I could use it to light around my feet when I wanted to, and cover up the hole when I don't. But virtually no light comes out of the hole. If you look in the hole, you can see a glow, but it doesn't release enough light to be noticeable.