Malkoff P60 drop-ins - why no XM-L?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at some of Malkoff's P60 drop-ins the other day at Illumination Supply. And while the build quality of them is as good as any Malkoff product, I couldn't help but notice that there's not an XM-L (or XM-L2) in the house! I don't know about anyone else. But it seems like such a MAJOR omission on their part to not make a drop-in with the world's favorite emitter. So why no XM-L? Is it because they are looking to make their drop-ins more throwy vs floody (maybe because they cater more to military and law enforcement than outdoor recreation)? Or is it something else?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M60 was designed a few years back, prior to the XM-L LED. The M60 was designed more for throw with a smaller, tighter beam pattern and the optic lens for use on a rifle. The M60 has morphed into the M61 with an XP-G2 (Combination of good throw and flood) and the M91A with the XM-L2 (Floody with a high output of light).

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
yeah I see it as they have a reflector designed for the XPG and a new one for XML would be a big investment and not much in return . Its understandable for a small business they cant keep chasing the latest and greatest. and the XPG is a great led and the reflector they are using for it is perfect . No need at thispoint to change everything.