Dr. Alois Krost - Missing near Lake Arrowhead, CA

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to ask for any assistance to help find Dr. Alois Krost. He has become lost in the Lake Arrowhead, CA area during a conference on Solid State Lighting and LEDs.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...s-needed-missing-man-20131011,0,7255882.story

Dr. Krost is a leading researcher and teacher in the field of LEDs and similar technology, from Magdeburg, Germany. You can think of him as a National Treasure, and indirectly responsible for how good your LEDs are.

Dr. Stacia Keller from the University of California, Santa Barbara, is helping to organize a search using volunteer back country hikers.

I know it is not much incentive, but I will build up one of my custom flashlights for anyone who finds him.

Thanks

HarryN

Capolini

Banned
I hope he was dressed appropriately in case the environment gets/is harsh.

Was he by himself on a hike? Hopefully search and rescue teams are looking for him.

I wish for his safe return.

Ciao,,,,,,Roberto

Edit: I just read the article, I guess I should have read that first.

Last edited:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was more like a guided tour than a real back country hike, so he was minimally prepared with equipment. He somehow separated from the group of 20 during a hike with 2 guides.

Here is an article from earlier in the search.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/06/alyof-krost-missing-hiker_n_4053306.html

There was a very intensive S and R search for 1 week, but no trace was found, even with dogs and search helicopters. The official / government back search has ended and it is up to others to find him now. Most likely, he somehow ended up in an area off of the actual trail search area.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like an awful ending is coming. Lost for more than a week without much in the way of supplies other than a water bottle? Geez, that ain't gonna be good.

If the dogs didn't find him...he must have fallen into a hole or otherwise vanished (water?). Horrible any way you cut it.

obi