Malkoff        
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 616

Thread: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

  1. #541

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by the badger View Post
    I’ve got a few questions regarding the Aqua Ram.. and unfortunately I either missed the answers here or they haven’t been fully discussed yet:

    - What is the runtime on the XPG2 Ram?
    - Not that it matters cause I’ll be buying one regardless, but what is the output on the XPG2 (and is it max driven at 1400mA)?
    - How do I get one of those lanyards on that girl’s waist in the above pics?

    Any info helps
    There are more experienced people here that can answer these questions better than I but the Aqua Ram has a programable head that can be set up to be a max of 2200mA I believe and has many settings in between and can be programmed to about 21 or 22 setting I believe in 100mA increments with up to 5 settings per mode across three modes....you need to go back to OP and see driver post link for info.

    Go to McGizmo's Sub forum and there is a Lanyard thread.

    Trip

  2. #542
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gilroy , Ca.
    Posts
    338

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    - How do I get one of those lanyards on that girl’s waist in the above pics?
    Forget about the lanyard ......how would a man my age get one of those girls .....LOL

  3. #543
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Thanks for the reply Trip. I am aware of the custom programming but I also know that Don runs these lights lower than what they can handle as a way of increasing efficiency. I’m intending on leaving it the way Don ships it. I have plenty of modded lights that are way brighter…but that is not what I’m buying this light for

    Quote Originally Posted by djdawg View Post
    Forget about the lanyard ......how would a man my age get one of those girls .....LOL
    Thailand

  4. #544
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip Miller View Post
    Go to McGizmo's Sub forum and there is a Lanyard thread.
    Hmm I'm not seeing it there?

  5. #545

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by the badger View Post
    Hmm I'm not seeing it there?
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...eel-connectors

    So if you are not going to change the setting on the max as delivered then I believe you are correct that it is 1400mA stock.

  6. #546
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Thank you trip

  7. #547
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Don, order placed for an AquaRam with XPG2.

    *Edit* Please include the orange o-rings
    Last edited by the badger; 11-22-2014 at 10:53 PM.

  8. #548

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Welcome. Nice!

  9. #549
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,862

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by the badger View Post
    .... what is the output on the XPG2 (and is it max driven at 1400mA)? ....
    I believe the XP-G2 emitter is rated for a maximum current of 1500 mA. As is standard for McGizmo, it is driven conservatively with the stock maximum set to 1400 mA.

    Although the programmable driver may allow overdriving this LED, it is unlikely to provide much of an apparent increase in brightness ... but at the expense of decreased runtime, increased heat, and shortened lifespan and/or possible damage to the LED.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  10. #550
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    archimedes, thanks for the info! However I'm still curious how the XPG2 output compares to the XML2

  11. #551

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I believe the XP-G2 emitter is rated for a maximum current of 1500 mA. As is standard for McGizmo, it is driven conservatively with the stock maximum set to 1400 mA.

    Although the programmable driver may allow overdriving this LED, it is unlikely to provide much of an apparent increase in brightness ... but at the expense of decreased runtime, increased heat, and shortened lifespan and/or possible damage to the LED.
    Great point on the XP-G2 max....

    the badger..just google cree XM L2 and XP G2 and look at data sheets and all of it is there. It is not too hard to follow and i believe those sheets show flux outputs by BIN...

  12. #552
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by dinokay View Post
    Loving (a lot) the latest additions to the family, Thank You Don.

    Can i ask which McGizmo is the largest one on the left? I'm wondering which McGizmo would be the best candidate to mod for lots of power, that head has tons of room for copper heat sink!! (or is there even a bigger McGizmo?) Thanks
    Last edited by BeastFlashlight; 01-10-2015 at 08:13 PM.

  13. #553
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,862

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    Can i ask which McGizmo is the largest one on the left?....
    That's the Makai


    Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    ....(or is there even a bigger McGizmo?)....
    Yep, the HD45
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-10-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  14. #554
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Oh great thanks a lot! I actually didn't know that he made non-titanium lights, so Makai is his largest titanium light and HD45 is his largest light. He says HD45 is incredibly durable so purhaps not totally ruled out (although not titanium)

  15. #555
    Flashaholic* tino_ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,646

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Anyone would be kind enough to compare beam profiles of the XM-L vs. XP-G2 versions ?
    Bead Blasting McGizmos - PM disabled, email aoc.paypal (at) gmail.com

  16. #556
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by tino_ale View Post
    Anyone would be kind enough to compare beam profiles of the XM-L vs. XP-G2 versions ?
    It is what you would expect, I once owned both. XML is cooler with a fuller, floodier beam, still plenty of throw. XPG is throwier, tighter and not as floody and warmer. XML has sheer brightness when cranked to 2200mA, so the brightness more than likely makes up for the bigger die and ultimately ties the XPG in throw. Just guessing. If I had to pick one I would go XML. Tint is pure white, not cool yet not warm. White.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  17. #557
    Flashaholic* tino_ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,646

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Thanks PSM
    Bead Blasting McGizmos - PM disabled, email aoc.paypal (at) gmail.com

  18. #558

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Do these battery packs interchange with all the other lights?

  19. #559

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by jso902 View Post
    Do these battery packs interchange with all the other lights?
    No. These are a completely different size than the E series type threads that are on the other current production McGizmos.

  20. #560
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    It is what you would expect, I once owned both. XML is cooler with a fuller, floodier beam, still plenty of throw. XPG is throwier, tighter and not as floody and warmer. XML has sheer brightness when cranked to 2200mA, so the brightness more than likely makes up for the bigger die and ultimately ties the XPG in throw. Just guessing. If I had to pick one I would go XML. Tint is pure white, not cool yet not warm. White.
    Just curious for those who scuba dive, is throw by far prefered under water? XPG2 over XML2? I'd imagine it is

  21. #561

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    FYI tapping the tail of the light is great, but it can bend the the little metal part on your aw protected cathodes.

  22. #562
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    Just curious for those who scuba dive, is throw by far prefered under water? XPG2 over XML2? I'd imagine it is
    I would think underwater the XML would be the choice. XPG may give a tunnel vision effect where the fuller beam of the XML lights the path. XML still throws a plenty.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  23. #563

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights




    Got this last night. 119v aqua ram. Awesome feel to this light. Very nice CRI and tint.


    Kevin

  24. #564

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I would think underwater the XML would be the choice. XPG may give a tunnel vision effect where the fuller beam of the XML lights the path. XML still throws a plenty.
    I don't think this is particularly the case as it depends on a few different factors. For example, sometimes I dive in low visibility conditions where there is a lot of debris in the water and in this case the more floody beam would cause a white wash infront of me and hinder my vision rather than aid it so a tighter beam would be better. In great vis conditions flood would be good as would a tighter beam so either would be fine.
    I generally don't use a light when diving as I don't often dive too late into the evening or do alot of scuba, mainly free diving, so usually about 20m covers it but I do spend alot of time in the water and occasionally use lights doing so.
    Given the choice I'd take the XPG or 119V over the XML in a Ram and if I could extend on that I'd take a Mule too and have the best of both options.
    Last edited by F89; 02-12-2015 at 10:33 PM.

  25. #565

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Kevin,
    Nice pics. If I ever get another McGizmo I think I'd go for that very light and emitter combination.

  26. #566
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    I don't think this is particularly the case as it depends on a few different factors. For example, sometimes I dive in low visibility conditions where there is a lot of debris in the water and in this case the more floody beam would cause a white wash infront of me and hinder my vision rather than aid it so a tighter beam would be better. In great vis conditions flood would be good as would a tighter beam so either would be fine.
    I generally don't use a light when diving as I don't often dive too late into the evening or do alot of scuba, mainly free diving, so usually about 20m covers it but I do spend alot of time in the water and occasionally use lights doing so.
    Given the choice I'd take the XPG or 119V over the XML in a Ram and if I could extend on that I'd take a Mule too and have the best of both options.
    Good points, I didn't consider murky water, I pictured the crystal clear water in Hawaii.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  27. #567

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Good points, I didn't consider murky water, I pictured the crystal clear water in Hawaii.
    Ha Ha exactly. Don's photos definitely depict just about perfect conditions.

  28. #568

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Thanks! I have an xml2 head now too. The nichia really is bliss. Zero eye strain it's just very natural light.

    I've been carrying the xml2 head recently. Much better reach out in the fields and I have a flood high cri peak copper eiger on my keys. Really nice. Not as nice as the nichia, but still pleasant.

    Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    Kevin,
    Nice pics. If I ever get another McGizmo I think I'd go for that very light and emitter combination.

  29. #569

    Default Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by richstag View Post
    Thanks! I have an xml2 head now too. The nichia really is bliss. Zero eye strain it's just very natural light.

    I've been carrying the xml2 head recently. Much better reach out in the fields and I have a flood high cri peak copper eiger on my keys. Really nice. Not as nice as the nichia, but still pleasant.
    I've got to stop looking at this forum.
    After throwing around more than sane amounts of money I'm keen for an AquaRam and AquaMule now in 119V or XPG2.

  30. #570
    Unenlightened debragail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    10

    Question Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

    Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    I've got to stop looking at this forum.
    After throwing around more than sane amounts of money I'm keen for an AquaRam and AquaMule now in 119V or XPG2.
    That's the exact decision I'm trying to make.

    I've owned my Mule for 5 days now and I just love the beam. I thought "this will be the last torch I ever buy, the fleet is complete."

    Then I read this forum!

    I've emailed Don and and asked for his opinion.

    Decisions, decisions.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •