Is the LSH with discontinued twisty waterproof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
I carry an LSH with a twisty power pack, but bought it recently enough that I ended up with one of the unanodized packs. Is there anything about this that would compromise the waterproofness of the light?

The reason I ask: We had a power loss today, and I was *this close* to lending the LSH to a friend (but the power came back on in time). I was concerned about heat buildup since I knew she wouldn't want to hold on to the light, so I was going to recommend that she turn it on and set it facing upright in a glass of water (so the mass of the water would act as a heat sink).

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
not at all...in fact if it was properly cleaned and lubed it would be more waterproof than the standard tsp-123 clickie, oweing to the fact that it has less points of entry for water to seep in through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
I don't think I would worry about the heat buildup either. I think they are sinked well enough that you don't have any worries about getting them too hot! Just me though! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
Cool. I couldn't imagine there being any problem, but I prefer to err on the side of being completely anal.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is the LSH with discontinued twisty waterproof

Luciferase,

That's why I carry a spare cheapo keychain light with me ..... as a loaner. That way I don't have to loan out my Arc AAA or LSH-P. Besides, you look coooool telling them to keep it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

Mattman

Enlightened
Re: Is the LSH with discontinued twisty waterproof

I've heard that the LS can get hot, but once to test it I left my LSH-P on for about 45 minutes straight and it was just a little warm. I just left the light sitting on my desk, so I wasn't even touching it at the time. I must have the super cool version that defies the laws of physics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.