Which way to insert MAGCHARGER spring before 1st charge?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I admit I'm embarassed to post this but... the spring fell out of my brand new Magcharger just as I going to insert the battery, and when I retrieved it and saw that there was a tapered (narrow) end and a wide end I wasn't sure which way to replace it, because depending on your perceptions, either way might work.

I'm eager to get this guy charged but I must wait until a CPF colleague enlightens me. I know I don't have to explain the frustration.

Thanks,
Brightnorm

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm:

The wide end sits on an unanodized rim to make contact with the case. If you twist the spring in clockwise you can get it to seat if it's not deformed. Anodizing is an insulator. Thats why mods that put batteries in the tailcap require the anodizing to be abraded off before battery is connected to tailcap via foil, etc.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by lemlux:
Brightnorm:

The wide end sits on an unanodized rim to make contact with the case. If you twist the spring in clockwise you can get it to seat if it's not deformed. Anodizing is an insulator. Thats why mods that put batteries in the tailcap require the anodizing to be abraded off before battery is connected to tailcap via foil, etc.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Lemlux!

BN

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems to be a gagcharger boom latel
icon3.gif
y.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Here come another probably uninformed question:

I just wall mounted the Magcharger and the LED is on the bottom of the charger! Do people wall mount the light head down so the LED is visible? All my other chargers clearly reveal the LED. Is this a cockamamie set up or am I missing something?

Brightnorm

moraino

Enlightened
Brightnorm,

Glad you've got another heavy weight.
I am curious to know which one is the champion among the 3; Tigerlight, M/C or UltraStinger?

Please keep us informed as you probably has all tree. It seems there are some different opinions regarding which one is the brightest. Maybe those HOT bulbs are just like Luxeons, they are not all the same even in the same family.

Regards
Henry

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by moraino:
Brightnorm,

Glad you've got another heavy weight.
I am curious to know which one is the champion among the 3; Tigerlight, M/C or UltraStinger?

Please keep us informed as you probably has all tree. It seems there are some different opinions regarding which one is the brightest. Maybe those HOT bulbs are just like Luxeons, they are not all the same even in the same family.

Regards
Henry
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It'll take a while. First the 16hr charge, then finding time and space (not easy in my city) to do it. I'll post when I can.

BN

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Apple, orange, and pear. To establish a comparion among them would be inconclusive. So also with the Mag Instrument Magcharger, Tigerlight, and Streamlight Ultrastinger. I've evaluated and used all three; the Magcharger the longest - 18 years.

I still retain ownership and usage of only one of those three - the Big Mag - because it is the most versatile for my needs. The others are both brighter than the Maglite.

I have equipped mine with the new bulb and a single layer of WriteRight. The light provides a better flood than the others, however, they throw a spot better, longer, and brighter.

The Maglite has a better charging cradle. The light can simply be dropped in without having to ensure perfect alignment of the contacts.

The Maglite can also carry a spare bulb in the tailcap. The battery is easily removed and has a glass lens. The burntime is also longer.

It is literally the best and brightest of the Mag Instrument, Inc. product line. My sources tell me that Anthony Maglica is quite amused and pleased with all the publicity CPF has given his company's products.

Few here ever, if at all, have criticized the Magcharger. Perhaps it is a sign that it is well liked or, likely, that it is not liked at all but not deplored like its obsolete bretheren.

Nonetheless, it remains a viable option as a dependable, versatile illumination tool with a long history of usage by countless organizations.

I am not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc. I've never seen their facility, flown thousands of miles to meet Maglica, or bought 40 or 50 of their products. I have and will continue to endorse this one.

Latest posts