• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AUCTION: S4MadMan’s MadMan HID Spot Light

S4MadMan

Enlightened
EDITED: The MadMan is approximately 25% brighter than the McCulloch X990 which is rated at 3,200 lumens and 7.0 Million Candle Power.

Dear CPFers,

I am auctioning off my personal MadMan HID Spot Light. The retail price for The MadMan is: $799. 50% of the proceeds will go to CPF. The auction will close Sunday, December 14, 2003 @ 9pm PST. PayPal is preferred though money orders, cashier's check and credit cards are also accepted.

The MadMan was hand-made by Mr. Bob, a lightning guru. Mr. Bob has been in the lighting business for over 40 years and is one of the pioneers of HID lighting.

The MadMan comes with a full 5-Year Warranty!

madman-06.jpg

madman-05.jpg

Here are the specifications:
25+% brighter than the McCulloch X990 which is rated at 3,200 lumens and 7.0 Million Candle Power
Continuous Run Time on a Full Charge: 70-80 Minutes
Philips 35 Watt HID Ballast
Osram Xenarc 4,300K D2S HID Bulb
6" Aluminium Reflector
Extreme Tolerance Mineral Glass Lens
12 Volt, 6.5 AH Rechargeable Battery

My Lux Meter only goes up to 200,000 Lux and The MadMan at 1 Meter would read off the scale so I decided to do a reading at 15' to give you a better idea of just how bright The MadMan is; the results, as I expected but my hat's off to the MAG/WA01160 with UCL, it beat the Vector Lite rated at 1.5 MCP!

madman-01.jpg

Here are some other comparison shots:
madman-02.jpg

madman-03.jpg

This is probably the best shot, demonstrating the power of The MadMan. It overwhelms the other lights. But look at the MAG-WA, for a hand held flashlight, it's incredible!
madman-04.jpg

On a side note: the Mr. Bulk L3C is a first-rate spotter. It throws incredibly far for an LED. Couple the long throw and amazing run-time, it's my go to hand held light.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at your convenience or post here.

Please post bids in the body of the message and not in the title.

Thank you and happy bidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
must......resist.... the.... POWA!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

P.S. What are you doing up this early Roth??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Or have you not went to bed yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

P.P.S. Man that thing is BRIGHT !!!!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
...Or have you not went to bed yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
P.P.S. Man that thing is BRIGHT !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Sir, it's bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I will try to get some comparison photos tonight or tomorrow at 500' and 1,000'. I wish I still had my McCulloch X990 to do a comparison, but I sold it a while back.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Catdaddy said:
If you can show us that it beats the X990 you will drastically increase bids...in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Sir, for now you will just have to take my word for it, The MadMan is definitely brighter than the X990. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll see if I can borrow an X990 for comparisons. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
How about a picture of all five lights together, for those of us not familiar with any of them?

Thanks

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhh, the last picture in my original post shows the five lights together. In any event, I'll give you some specifications:

Pelican M11: 151 Lumens, 40,000 Candle Power
Mr. Bulk L3C: 2D Mag donor body with a L3/3C battery conversion and UCL
MAG-WA160: MAG Charger donor body with Powerstream 1/2Ds, UCL and Welch-Allyn 01160 bulb=550+ lumens
Vector Lite 1.5 MCP: 1.5 Million Candle Power spot light
The MadMan: ~4,000+ lumens, 10 Million Candle Power.

Just FYI, a typical car with HID head lights = ~3,000 to 3,200 lumens.

Oh, here's that last picture again, comparing the 5 lights.
madman-04.jpg

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, I screwed up! After I posted I realized that might be what you would intrepret my request as.

I meant actual pictures of the lights themselves, not their outputs. Showing the actual size comparison versus their outputs.

Thanks,

Bill

Zeppert

Enlightened
The MadMan has reared it's HID head again I see.
I would like to take that light off your hands for $500.00
it's probably a nuisance to your neighbors
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Zeppert

Enlightened
*tips his hat*....The pleasure is all mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
BTTT. It's for a good cause. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif