Does Fenix MC11 drain the battery if not in use?

Philip2

Newly Enlightened
I have a few questions about the Fenix MC11. As you know, this is an angle flashlight with 1x AA battery.

1. Has it any battery drain, if the flashlight stays switched off? If so, how much percent per month of the battery capacity is this drain?

2. Does this Fenix MC11 offer any option, to know how drained the battery is? For example, is the light fading, if the battery is half drained?

Philip2

Newly Enlightened
If its battery could drain, without the MC11 being switched on, this might be prevented IMO, by slightly unscrewing the tail cap.

If one cannot tell without using an external voltage meter, how charged the battery is, if one leaves home, then a spare battery could be carried.

Philip2

Newly Enlightened
I always keep my MC11 loaded w/ a Sanyo Eneloop, and I've never had any problems w/ battery drain.
Thank you. Is there a way to see, that the battery is almost empty? This would be useful, to prevent unexpected shutting off of the MC11, in an emergency.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one, but as a general rule: Electronic switch (feels like a mouse button) has some drain, good ones last years without killing batteries, bad ones a month or less. Mechanical switch (feels like a heavy ball-point pen), twisties are also mechanical, no drain, because the circuit has been opened by the switch. A magnetic ring control, if not switched off by a switch like the SWM V10, will have drain.

Recent Zebralights and all of the HDS lights (except the rare Twisty) are a good example of electronic switches with very minimal drain.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
Thank you. Is there a way to see, that the battery is almost empty? This would be useful, to prevent unexpected shutting off of the MC11, in an emergency.
Best to use a battery tester to check capacity, however, I usually take new or fully charged batteries w/ whatever lights I'm carrying w/ me.