Sunwayman C20C

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed that the Sunwayman C20C has been upgraded to the CREE XM-L2 LED. The Tomahawk name looks to be removed. This should be a nice upgrade. Also looks like the reflector is now orange peel and not smooth.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
Nice catch, I was worried they would cancel the C20C with the C21C out/coming out. This is one of my favorite EDC lights and these seem to be improvements all around.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Sunwayman C20C last month. I guess I got the old model as it still has the Tomahawk name and XML-U3.

I emitter swapped it with an MTG2 and swapped the driver with a 3.04 amp Nangj 105c with zener diode mode and DrJones Lumodrv firmware. I replaced the switch with a Radio Shack micro momentary tact switch. With this mod, the output is around 2000 lumens on 2x IMR 18350. It's much brighter than my 1x XML2 lights, but it's all flood. At full power, the modded light gets hot extremely fast.

Still a nice EDC though. I like the shape of the C20C. Feels good in the hand, and unlike most 1x18650 lights, it's small enough for EDC pocket carry.