Surefire KE1A and KE2A high output heads, for scout lights E1L/E2L head?

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
KE2-A, the much anticipated KX2C replacement, but since this is targeted as a weaponglight upgrade they have set the price at an unreasonable level, cheaper to buy a EB2T and just use its head.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
KE2-A, the much anticipated KX2C replacement, but since this is targeted as a weaponglight upgrade they have set the price at an unreasonable level, cheaper to buy a EB2T and just use its head.

YEah the pricing in comparison to the complete e2dl-u & eb2 lights is unfortunate. Will using the eb2 head (&on which bodies) get you the single mode only output like with the weaponlight conversions?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is good news. I've been waiting for this to happen for over a year.

I wasn't able to locate any retailers selling them. Hopefully that won't take long, and the price will be less than $175 (preferably $150 or less).

I've got a VTAC-L4 with Z68 ready for it. :)

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
YEah the pricing in comparison to the complete e2dl-u & eb2 lights is unfortunate. Will using the eb2 head (&on which bodies) get you the single mode only output like with the weaponlight conversions?

The EB2 with tactical switch will be single mode with a clicky switch, the EB2 that comes with clicky switch will be dual mode. The heads are different on these two EB2 models.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
They still seem only available directly from Surefire. I was expecting them to be available from other outlets by now.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is making slow progress. The black and tan heads are now listed on Optics Planet website for $239. Availability is shows as 1-3 months away.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found it listed at B&H Photo less than a week ago with an anticipated in stock date of 1-3 months away. I decided to request an in stock notification, and received it last night. It is a special order item and is supposed to ship within 7-14 days.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
B&H has received the head from Surefire. This puts delivery to them at a week and a half.

I should receive it by the middle of next week.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My head arrived from B&H PhotoVideo hours ago, but I finally arrived home after beers and pool with a vendor friend from out of state.

I screwed the head onto a Viking Tactics L4 body and fired it up in my living room. I immediately thought, "That tint looks pretty white.....not nearly as green as my E2DL Ultra". I grabbed the Ultra out of my spare bedroom and compared them.....and my initial impression was absolutely correct.

I then went to get an LX2 to see how they compare, from a tint perspective. Ya, I know who really cares about tint with a weapon mounted light. I'll be getting to output soon enough. The KE2-A head, which is actually labeled as a KE2C is a hair cooler than the LX2, which I consider to have a great tint.

Measured with my Extech light meter at an arbitrary 1.5-2 meter distance, the KE2C output is practically identical to the E2DL Ultra, and the spill is slightly larger than that of the Ultra (and is basically round, for those that care).

Great general output.....great lux measurement (still damn cold and snowy outside)......great tint....what's not to love??

Hmmmmm, I wonder how it will act when attached to the LX2 body/tailcap? It's exactly as expected, providing a medium output and a high output with the tailcap tightened. I expect the low/high output difference to be greater when fed from a 17670 or 16650 cell.

This head isn't going anywhere!!

Grizz

Last edited: