ArmyTek        

Thread: Linear Locks

Default Linear Locks

Guys,
    I have a Leatherman Wave, i want to stop the linear lock on the blades engaging and locking out, but also want to be able to make the blades lock out when needed. Is there a mod i can do for this to happen?

It is so it will be "legal" to carry in the UK so to speak, so long as people wouldnt be able to tell that it could lock out, but i could make it lock out when needed..

Default Re: Linear Locks

You can't carry a knife that locks open in the UK? That's insane, and unsafe! One of the worst self-inflicted cuts I ever had was from a cheap folding knife (looked like a Buck hunting knife, but was an even cheaper knockoff) that should have been locked open but folded up on me while I had my fingers around the handle.

I still carry cheap knives, but not *that* cheap. I'm pretty much anti-pain, unless it's inflicted by attractive females.

Nope! we can carry a non-locking knife 3 inches or under!
    nothing that locks...nothing over 3 inches daft really!
    so im trying to make it that i can choose when the blade locks.

Just get a knife that locks, but pretend that it doesn't
    The power used to go out a lot more before I got these expensive lights...

I wish it was that easy

I'm sorry but CPF can can not promote illegal activity. Please see this.
    Bill

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Quote Originally Posted by James3 View Post
    I wish it was that easy
    Come over to the states, stay away from the New England area, and we can probably legally help you choose a functional TOOL.

guessing that law enforcement is worried that locking knives (in the wrong hands) may be used improperly.

I don't understand the obsession with locking blades. It's a nice feature, but not necessary. Most folding knives for like, EVER, didn't have locking blades and somehow we all survived. Maybe with with a few more interesting scars, but no one died. That I know of.

And, locks fail. Never trust a lock completely. Technique and skill matter more.

As to the original request, the people you are likely to be dealing with in this scenario are not as dumb as you might think they are. As someone once said, "the juice ain't worth the squeeze."

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    I'm sorry but CPF can can not promote illegal activity. Please see this.
    Bill
    No this wouldn't be illegal activity, it would be taking something that Would be illegal to carry and turn it into something legal to carry, a leatherman wave is perfect for what I need it for, but you can not buy it without locking blades.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by James3 View Post
    No this wouldn't be illegal activity, it would be taking something that Would be illegal to carry and turn it into something legal to carry, a leatherman wave is perfect for what I need it for, but you can not buy it without locking blades.
    To disable the liner lock and make the knife legal, you could simply bend the locking arm back so it won't engage or disassemble the tool and cut the locking arm off completely.

To make it look like it was disabled but "be able to make the blades lock out when needed. ... so long as people wouldnt be able to tell that it could lock out, but i could make it lock out when needed." would be illegal.
    Last edited by Yamabushi; 01-05-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Would it still be illegal if the locking piece was a separate part you had to add temporarily, then removed it after use? Would it be against the law if the blade locked only while it was in use?