Nitecore MT21a

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased the nitecore mt21a and I'm waiting for it to get here in the mail. Will I be happy with my purchase? I wanted a medium sized light at least 250 plus lumens. Is nite core as reliable as Fenix with its water proof and drop proofness? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
una9ypyn.jpg
avepave3.jpg
uzatury3.jpg

Got my flashlight in the mail today:) enjoyed using it for a walk. Just wish it was anti roll and the modes where easier to switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam is throwy, easily outthrows similarily sized flashlights. PD22 does 3,2 klux/1m, MT21A - 10 klux/1m. There are only minor artifacts visible on a white wall. And it's almost dirt cheap - I bought mine for less than $26...

kevral

Newly Enlightened
I was pretty surprised how throwy this light is. Testing against my EA4W it seems to be somewhat comparable to High. Not much useful spill for close-range work though.

I've been pretty impressed with mine as well. I got a few more as Christmas presents for family members and friends and I think the quality seems a little better in the reflector then when they first came out. The newer ones seem to have a more consistent hot spot. For a 2AA light these things throw quite well. The MT2a would be my choice for more of a general purpose, up close applications light though. And the price on them is amazing for what you get IMO.

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
New videos added to the review
http://www.cpfitaliaforum.it/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8541

This evening I compared again the Nitecore MT21A with the Fenix E25 (version 187 lumens)
The two torches are very similar in performance, it's hard to perceive the difference..
The Nitecore has led more recently, it has a small advantage in throw.
The Fenix ​​has a spill wider and slightly brighter in the outer part

(Translate with Google)

596d08.gif

Other beamshot (different)

f04148.gif

Last edited:

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I bought one for my Uncle, and i gotta say, for a 2AA light, it is excellent. The throw is better than the fenix e21 i had, but not as robust (body tube isn't as beefy). The modes are way better than the e21 though so i'd go for mt21a any day.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that if you don't clean the head often there is going to be issues with mode changing. But it is still a nice light for the price.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Latest posts