NEW SUPBEAM X60 - 5xXM-L2 - 6x18650 - Rechargable

wertzius

Newly Enlightened
SUPBEAM offers a new Flashlight the X60!

http://www.supbeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/X60/x60-1.jpg
http://www.supbeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/X60/x60-2.jpg
http://www.supbeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/X60/x60-6.jpg
http://www.supbeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/other/x60-8.jpg
http://www.supbeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/X60/x60-10.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Ther is a Stepdown from 5000 to 3500 lumens after 3 minutes. I think it is a very nice competitor to the Fenix RC40.

Spam link deleted = Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can wait, don't buy this light yet. Vinh MAY be doing his version of it, hinting at 8k lumens and ridiculous throw when de-domed.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never even heard of Supbeam. Is it a bad sign that one of the first search inquiries I got was budget light brands? LOL

Are they a good company with good builds? Let's be honest here; that thing is a TK75 with an extender :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I wonder if the step down is thermally activated feature or software driven for automatic protection?

I was told by Supbeam that every time when you turn on the X60 at highest mode it is 5000 lumens, 3 minutes later, it will step down to 3500 lumens. It has a time based(software driven)step down.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I've never even heard of Supbeam. Is it a bad sign that one of the first search inquiries I got was budget light brands? LOL

Are they a good company with good builds? Let's be honest here; that thing is a TK75 with an extender :)

I don't own any Supbeam so i can't tell about the quality. I agree that the handle looks like a TK75 with an extender. The head looks like a RC40. The light looks basically like a hybrid of a TK75 and a RC40. :)

m4a1usr

Enlightened

I had never heard of them before either until the Vinh SupBeam K40 mod came out. After I purchased the K40 it certainly looks decent. And it functions like a dream. I guess time will tell. But it is built well and attention to detail is excellent.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with budget brands, once you become familiar with them. It isn't like we are talking Ultrafire (which is cheap, not budget)...they are built fairly well, and consistently so in my experience.

It might be visually similar to the Fenix TK75 (I think it looks more like the RC40, myself), but it delivers more than 2000 more lumens...different class, with more cells and more LEDs. Appearance is about the thing they have in common.

marcinkov

Newly Enlightened
Supbeam is one of the best brands in the business, but not so popular. I have Supbeam K40 1368lm and it is a beast of a high quality.

Capolini

Banned

But there is at least one difference[I won't cause controversy!].

The TK-75 has 20 minute step downs, but you can step back up again!! I run my TK-75 on Turbo[!!] for 55 to 65 minutes every time I use it.

Honestly,I do not know if you can step back up "continuously" on the SB X60. Even so, it would be a pain to continually do that.

However, what is the sense of 5000 lumens[I know,advertizing/competition!] when it steps down in 3 minutes??!!

As far as bulk I guess it is similar in respect to the RC40.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X60 is a newer model like the X40. K40 is a generation earlier, but a nicely built light. The X40/X60 has built in charging. Really nice control ring feel. But wait for Vinh. He usually gets a big discount in a bulk order. He then sells the modded light for much less than if you bought it yourself, and sent it to him for modding. It's going to be around 7500-8000 lumen, and 200,000 lux or more with the dome on.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can wait, don't buy this light yet. Vinh MAY be doing his version of it, hinting at 8k lumens and ridiculous throw when de-domed.

It's going to have ridiculous throw with the dome on too. I already have a K40vn for throw myself. I think X60 will be +200K lux with dome on, and have a much nicer fat spot than de-domed.

Capolini

Banned
It's going to have ridiculous throw with the dome on too. I already have a K40vn for throw myself. I think X60 will be +200K lux with dome on, and have a much nicer fat spot than de-domed.

How much does Vinh pay you guys??!!! lol!! lol!!;) I think he has a large pay roll!!!:eek:

I have heard nothing but good things about him and his work:thumbsup:

wertzius

Newly Enlightened

It will have 154800 lux, as the manufacturer states.