Battery question for Foursevens Maelstrom MM-X w/ Burst.

BKayrac

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

So I recently had to get myself a flashlight, and I figured, why not get a nicer one? So I went with the foursevens maelstrom MM-X after some research. So far I like the flashlight, but I started looking into a more permanent battery solution than the cr123a's that came with it. Especially since while I am working, I won't be near anything I can easily get ahold of that style of batteries, or even be able to get ahold of them anytime soon usually.

So I tried doing some research, and from one review, it stated that the light I have, requires protected cells. So I went to amazon, and got myself this charger, and these batteries(2 pack should be plenty for me.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UAI372/?tag=cpf0b6-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUGQUNQ/?tag=cpf0b6-20

So I know the charger is good, from amazon reviews, and another review from here. However I am unsure about the batteries, I went with those just due to them being semi-reasonably priced, and amazon prime makes my life easy.

Now to my main question. In my research I found some of the 18650's may be larger/smaller/longer/shorter than others. So I am curious, does anyone have experience with these specific batteries and/or this specific light? Or perhaps another similar style of foursevens light? Or have any idea if these batteries should work fine for my light?

Thanks!

Croquette

Enlightened
Hi,

For the batteries, I know that my nitecore 2600 mah is my longest battery. They are easily 4 or 5 mm longer than AW IMR 2000 and maybe 2 or 3 mm longer than eagletac 3400 mah. I don't know if it will be an issue for the 47's mm-x but the construction of this light is a little similar to my eagletac TX25c2 as the top of the battery can't crush the head spring like on a P60 body+drop in.

BKayrac

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

For the batteries, I know that my nitecore 2600 mah is my longest battery. They are easily 4 or 5 mm longer than AW IMR 2000 and maybe 2 or 3 mm longer than eagletac 3400 mah. I don't know if it will be an issue for the 47's mm-x but the construction of this light is a little similar to my eagletac TX25c2 as the top of the battery can't crush the head spring like on a P60 body+drop in.

Interesting, so it would stand the reason the 3400 nitecore might be even longer.

Well, they arrive later this week hopefully, so I will find out one way or another :p

Thanks

carrot

Flashaholic
As far as I know the Maelstrom was designed to accommodate nearly any 18650 on the market with the caveat that it must have a button top.

BKayrac

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know the Maelstrom was designed to accommodate nearly any 18650 on the market with the caveat that it must have a button top.

Awesome, thats good to know. I had actually read some stuff that foursevens used to sell nitecore batteries, but stopped. So I was really hoping that would they would easily slide in right in.

Just was hoping for a little assurance after I had thought about it for a bit ;)

BKayrac

Newly Enlightened
Just an update for this, the 3400mah 18650's fit fine in the flashlight, and are charging as we speak.

Just incase anyone finds this thread in their search, they will work perfectly for you. :) And thanks again carrot for giving me an idea about them, you were right :)

exsion

Newly Enlightened
Nice choice of flashlight! Using the AW branded 18650 with the 4sevens smart charger has been working perfectly for me.