EagleTac SX25L2 switch problem

jpullen88

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I purchased SX25L2 a few months back and it was working great. It fell off the counter and ever since then it has had this issue. For those of you unfamiliar with the features see this http://www.eagletac.com/html/sx25l2/features/control.html

Basically you screw it tight and then you punch the switch and it is supposed to be the 100% turbo 1300 lumen. You rotate it back a bit and it is 'high,' little more and 'medium,' more and 'low,' and then finally off. Well mine when tight is 'low' and when loosened to what should be 'high,' it does 'medium.' I e-mailed EagleTac and they said to clean the '100%' connector which I did but nothing changed. I replied to them but never got another response. Further, You can turn on the light at full tight (should be turbo mode but it comes out 'low') and then push/hold the button and it'll go turbo mode and run this way like nothing is wrong. In addition, I can run the turbo strobe mode like normal. However, the quick loosen/tighten to change mode and enter Aux modes is not working at all. Any ideas? I have hand-manually taken the light totally apart to check but everything looks normal.

Also, where do they place the light's serial number on the light itself? I don't have the box anymore.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I purchased SX25L2 a few months back and it was working great. It fell off the counter and ever since then it has had this issue. For those of you unfamiliar with the features see this http://www.eagletac.com/html/sx25l2/features/control.html

Basically you screw it tight and then you punch the switch and it is supposed to be the 100% turbo 1300 lumen. You rotate it back a bit and it is 'high,' little more and 'medium,' more and 'low,' and then finally off. Well mine when tight is 'low' and when loosened to what should be 'high,' it does 'medium.' I e-mailed EagleTac and they said to clean the '100%' connector which I did but nothing changed. I replied to them but never got another response. Further, You can turn on the light at full tight (should be turbo mode but it comes out 'low') and then push/hold the button and it'll go turbo mode and run this way like nothing is wrong. In addition, I can run the turbo strobe mode like normal. However, the quick loosen/tighten to change mode and enter Aux modes is not working at all. Any ideas? I have hand-manually taken the light totally apart to check but everything looks normal.

Also, where do they place the light's serial number on the light itself? I don't have the box anymore.

Eagletac likes their head-twist system for changing levels. Unfortunately that 3-pin design is not as durable as it should be. Not sure how Eagletac could change it, but reportedly they are working on improvements.

To answer your immediate question, remove the head and observe the 3 pins. One of them is probably depressed and does not contact the corresponding rotating ring. Each pin should be spring-loaded. Depress each one of them to ensure that the springs are functional. One of them may not pop all the way out. Otherwise try some Deoxit D5 or at least some type of very light electronic cleaner/lubricant (ie:RadioShack) on the pin and contact ring surface to see if you can improve the spring action and contact with the corresponding ring. Otherwise, it is repair time. Back to your dealer.

Yes, I had a similar pin failure on the 3xAA version. I returned it for credit, no replacement.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is unfortunate to hear that. Definitely check those pins for proper movement. I also have an SX25L2 and it works great. I haven't dropped it yet but I have dropped my TX25C2 and it still works perfectly but has a little dent on the head from hitting pavement.