PD35 Outdoor use review

passive101

Enlightened
I have upgraded to 18650 lights and I'm loving it. The PD35 has a great color tint as well as the perfect amount of spill and hot spot. I was working outside last night for over an hour in the cold. The wrist strap from Fenix worked out great and I could easily use it with my gloves on.

I also most bad for others who did not have the flexibility and amount of light I could come up with. It was beautiful to have so much spill, but also have enough power to go for the distances I wanted for the light to work with.

Well done Fenix :D

passive101

Enlightened
It was really great working with the light and it actually make the work pleasurable being able to see almost as well as in daylight.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Its amazing how many people truly appreciate a "real light" after unknowingly suffering in dim conditions....and I say unknowingly, as before the real light, they THOUGHT the dim lights WERE bright enough.

:D

passive101

Enlightened
Mine has a very slight greenish tint, but only on lower settings. You don't notice it unless you are looking for it.

gsteve

Enlightened
I have many lights so far. Up to modified 600 dollar c2s and the pd 35 is still the light I'm most impressed with

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the PD35's a nice solid light, i love the one i also own, however I have been favoring Nitecore's EC25 as it is more handy and the side button works for me. I also like the fact that it can tell you how much voltage your 18650 still has so you know if you should bring another cell with you when you go outdoors. Also the beacon flash on the power button makes it easier to find in total darkness. The only thing i dont like about this EC25 is the run-time, its much lower than the more efficient lights out there.

I am not dissuading future potential PD35 buyers, im just saying that of these two lights i own, i favor the EC25 a bit more.

Also, i have in the mail, something that will blow these two away..... the Nitecore P16 - cheaper, brighter, longer runtime and uses the latest XML2 led. What's not to love about this new light? :)

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Yeah the PD35's a nice solid light, i love the one i also own, however I have been favoring Nitecore's EC25 as it is more handy and the side button works for me. I also like the fact that it can tell you how much voltage your 18650 still has so you know if you should bring another cell with you when you go outdoors. Also the beacon flash on the power button makes it easier to find in total darkness. The only thing i dont like about this EC25 is the run-time, its much lower than the more efficient lights out there.

I am not dissuading future potential PD35 buyers, im just saying that of these two lights i own, i favor the EC25 a bit more.

Also, i have in the mail, something that will blow these two away..... the Nitecore P16 - cheaper, brighter, longer runtime and uses the latest XML2 led. What's not to love about this new light? :)

+1 on the ec25
the side switch is very user friendly
but the difference between 960 and 840 lumens may not be noticeable

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
That P16 has a 1.57" head, I won't ever be edcing a light that big.

Yup, too big to pocket, I have a Zebralight SC52 for pocket duty. :)

The P16 will replace the bigger Lumintop Hunter T5 which i keep in my pack. Been looking for something with decent throw with a 900+ output! :) 20k+ lux, me likey very much! :) (Hunter's a better thrower though at 32k lux, but the 900+ output is too tempting to pass up!) Plus at a price you cant beat! 50+ dollars... sweet! :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the ec25
the side switch is very user friendly
but the difference between 960 and 840 lumens may not be noticeable

+1 output of both these lights on high is hardly noticeable. I notice however that the EC25 heats up faster than the PD35, and im in a tropical place so heat's always a factor! :)