• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired K40 owners, tail cap fix, custom thumb slots for proper reach.

DragonHead

Enlightened
utf-8BSU1BRzE2MzIuanBn_zps8ef1084c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
utf-8BSU1BRzE2NTYuanBn_zpsfe0a9b36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love the K40 light. But I hate the lack of thumb slots and the lack of a place for the lanyard attachment ring to hide.
So after delivering an order to a fire crew, that did not like these issue's as well. I decided to make a run of custom tail caps to fix these problems.
To secure the work I had to purchase a large minimum order. So I will have extra's to sell here to the CPF community.
If you would like to get one, the cost is $28.00 Shipped CONUS.
They will ship with New Black boot, retaining ring, and fresh O ring.
Easy swap of the switch electronics from your stock tail cap, and enjoy a proper thumb position with perfectly level tail standing.
I will have more details and options soon. Switches, colored boots, custom lanyards, and more K40 goodies.
thanks for looking. H.D. Caps now in stock.

These also fit the Deft -X

Last edited:

DragonHead

Enlightened
Re: K40 owners, tail cap fix, custom thumb slots for proper reach. pre order now...

Will have images of finished product this weekend. if you are interested or have any comments please feel free to reply to this thread.
thanks H.
Good news, this post was wrong. Caps are all ready finished, and the image above is one of the actual units...

Last edited:

wertzius

Newly Enlightened
Re: K40 owners, tail cap fix, custom thumb slots for proper reach. pre order now...

Looks nice! How much is shipping to Germany?

baylisstic

Enlightened

Put me down for one. Just like you, I love the K40, but hated the lack of thumb slot and the edge of the tail is a little sharp.

DragonHead

Enlightened

I will find out in the morning for you wertzius
Just add $5.00
And since YOU ARE THE FIRST to reply, I will add a 4 braid weave, paracord lanyard, with attachment ring to your package. For Free!
PM me for your color choices and my PP info.

m4a1usr

Enlightened

Does it fit both K40 versions? Or is the SupBeam different?

wertzius

Newly Enlightened

I will share this with the German Flashlight Forum, maybe we will collect some orders! Thx for the offer, i will get one Tailcap!

DragonHead

Enlightened

I will share this with the German Flashlight Forum, maybe we will collect some orders! Thx for the offer, i will get one Tailcap!
Wow, that would be great! I really appreciate that.
PM,s sent to others, and thank you for your time

walterr839

Enlightened

Count me in for one

When do you want payment ?

DragonHead

Enlightened

Count me in for one

When do you want payment ?
I need to make the 2nd half of the payment by Sun. so it would help if it was before then.
There are 46 available. and looks like they will be here sooner than I thought.

DragonHead

Enlightened

These also fit ThruNight's TN31. So if if you want to replace a banged up one, these will work.

donn_

Flashaholic

A word of warning. If you intend to replace the TC on a TN31, be sure you can get the old one off. They aren't nearly as easy to remove as the K40 TC. Good old Loctite, liberally applied, on the Thrunite.

DragonHead

Enlightened

A word of warning. If you intend to replace the TC on a TN31, be sure you can get the old one off. They aren't nearly as easy to remove as the K40 TC. Good old Loctite, liberally applied, on the Thrunite.

Thanks for the info donn.