Yet Another Creation! **PIC**

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never knew this would be so much fun... Here's another! 2x123 Luxeon. Here's the pic:
2x123.jpg

-ERiC

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Not as much fun as actually building one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, but you must design before you build! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Ever heard of the phrase "Start Small"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, if you're still looking for a light with throw, i can attest to the throw of the Mag 2C/3x123 mod. Its amazingly bright.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill start small when I actually starting working on the lathe, but for now, the sky's the limit! I will have to do one of those 2C/3x123 mods. What bulb did you use?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Design the smallest possible 3C or 2C light. Have the head be able to fit a PM6 reflector with space for BB/MM circuit and kroll switch in the tale. I bet that light would be highly desisred as it would be like a McLux that runs on cheap readily avalible C's!

3C would work for DD luxII, or 2C for smaller size with BB750/LuxIII fully regulated. I'd probably go for the 2nd one since I like regulated lights.

Of course it will look neat judging from your previous designs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Make it a 2C light with a 1C extender tube. That way you could make it as big as you want (2C, 3C, 4C, etc).

ftumch33

Enlightened
damn it , make it already!!! I want a gazillion of them!!! Really , if you made it and had maybe McLux put one of his badboys in it I would definitley buy a few of them. Just make it already!!!

TheFire

Enlightened
As another lathe newbie, I can say for sure that that would be a fairly difficult project... and be sure you figure out how to do internal and external threads first... those take a few tries to figure out...

jtice

Flashaholic
Absolutely AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It saddens me to think these probably wont see real life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fantastic !!!