Xtar D26 switch issues

hazzyy

Newly Enlightened
I'm posting this information for those of you who may be interested in using an Xtar D26 dive light. The light itself is amazing. This is my second Xtar dive light (previous light was a D06) and I'm am very happy with the light, unless it's used in the water. This light is a "Dive" light but I'm very surprised at the issue I am having. I can't believe that Xtar released this light with this problem. I'm sure they tested the light at depth, but am assuming this testing was completed in a hyperbaric chamber and not in real life depth. Actually depth isn't even needed to find the issue. The video explains the issue but what is happening is that under water, when the switch on the light is pressed the air under the switch is forced out and when the switch is released the space under the switch is filled with water. This happens until there is only water under the switch which creates a suction and doesn't allow the switch to be pressed or to depress itself. I was hesitant before I purchased this light since I was extremely happy with the D06 by Xtar and the switch on that light. Is anyone else having this issue?

hazzyy

Newly Enlightened
I received the following reply from Xtar. If you're having this problem you may want to try it. I can't get the switch out with the tools I have without scratching the light up pretty bad. So unfortunately I'm not willing to damage my light any further than what I already have. Below is the response:

Thank you for your goodness. Some customers have reflected the similar issue--the switch of D26 cann't be use normally if they diving deeply. For example: 100m. The switch will be hard to press down in that condition.

So, it will be grateful if you could help me to try out that our solution--whether this problem will be solved if removing the O-ring?
image.jpg

Your result will help us a lot, thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Ken