2x3x123 Holder **PIC**

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet another... If only i had the time and money to make all these designs... This is a holder for 6 123 cells. basically 6 volts, 3 banks in parallel of 2 cells each. Can easily be modified for 3 or 9 cells total. Here's the pic:
2X3X123%20Holder.jpg

-ERiC

roguesw

Enlightened
Cool, that looks similar to the battery system used inside the surefire m6 parallel banks,
man, you have awesome cad skills
cheers
Des

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice...but isn't this really a 3x2x123? 3 strings of 2 cells in series.

Wilkey

yclo

Flashaholic*
Wilkey,

Just by looking at the picture you'd assume that it's 3x2x123, but the M6 battery holder is exactly like that and it is 2x3x123. It really depends how it is wired inside, and I suspect the top and bottom plates are not one big conductors, i.e. only the pos/neg contacts for the 123's are metal. So 2x3x123, 3x2x123, and even 9x123 can be achieved just with different wiring.

-YC

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok...enough is enough.
quit teasing us with your ideas.
We Want Tangibles! Not Intangibles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Well damn, you are just CRANKING them out man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I really hope you get the chance to make some of these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
ok...enough is enough.
quit teasing us with your ideas.
We Want Tangibles! Not Intangibles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He he. I prefer ideas to tangibles. But, in honor of Chris's plea, let me ask if anyone knows what one can put this holder in. Two strings of 123s will fit on a Mag D. Three won't. I'd love to find a tangible (host large enough in diameter) to implement this idea (holder). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

LukeK

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
Two strings of 123s will fit on a Mag D. Three won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a small note: 3x123 will fit a mag D if it is bored out a little.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luke,

Thanks for pointing that out. Someone else sometime back noted that. I ignored it because I don't have a lathe to bore out a Mag.

I have had success making channels inside the tube with a Dremel and sanding drum to accommodate 4xAA high capacity NiMHs. I suppose that would work also for the 3x123, but it is a lot of tough, boring work.

Paul

unnerv

Enlightened
Just for reference, my Fatmag mod had to be bored out to 1.4025 for my 3x123a holder, which means you are actually removing some of the threaded material also, but it does work quite well and makes for a stubby light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif