I got to meet 2 flashaholics this past week!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Halloween Everybody!!!

Last Friday I was an usher for the Lantern tours in the historic Sacramento Cemetery.

http://www.oldcitycemetery.com/calendar.htm

It is a fund raiser to maintain the cemetery as cash flow from the residents is nonexistent! Local actors dress up and tell the tales of the demise of colorful Sacramento natives. It was a full moon. As I was walking along an old timer asks, "Is that a red Surefire L1?" I was indeed using a red L1. After the tour we talked lights. He is a retired San Quentin worker and a collector. He was using a Zebralight and his wife had a Crelant or Nightcore 500 lumen flashlight (it was black and palm sized with a turbohead) she EDCs in her purse! He told me back in the 80s or 90s that his fellow co-workers got into a pissing match about who had the brightest light. He went out an bought an M6 which he is now converting to a rechargeble battery pack so he can use his M21 stash.

Today I had coffee with "TNT" Tana and his wife who are vacationing in the States! We actually made a trade. As Tana put it it was destiny that we both had something the other wanted. He wanted a KX2C and I a single stage 100 lumen drop in for an E2e with a 3 hour runtime.

This summer I was in Montreal and got to have dinner and a drink with jamesmtl514!

We are global my friends!

Thanks for sharing

kelmo

fl0t

Enlightened
Thats nice to read.

I wish I knew other flashaholics. I've literally never met any other flashlight enthusiasts. Sometimes I think there are none around my country, and then I think my collection is so lame that it is not worth showing to any cpf'er :(

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, I missed the original post somehow... but luckily fl0t made a bump with his post... so - thank you...

It was cool to meet kelmo... I actually met two flashoholics - kelmo and YummyBacon!
Only one can be said about both of them - if all CPFers are like them then I'm proud to call myself one... this community is indeed awesome and made of "few good men"...

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats nice to read.

I wish I knew other flashaholics. I've literally never met any other flashlight enthusiasts. Sometimes I think there are none around my country, and then I think my collection is so lame that it is not worth showing to any cpf'er :(

Don't be down hearted. It took absolutely ages for anybody to get a meet together in England, and we still only manage one or two a year. The meets have revealed only a handful of people in total who are willing to go to them - about twenty people in all.

The attraction of this place is not the size of your collection, just the appreciation of all things bright and shiny!

Long live CPF :grouphug:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't be down hearted. It took absolutely ages for anybody to get a meet together in England, and we still only manage one or two a year. The meets have revealed only a handful of people in total who are willing to go to them - about twenty people in all.

The attraction of this place is not the size of your collection, just the appreciation of all things bright and shiny!

Long live CPF :grouphug:

The hardest part is telling the wife that your off out for the evening to met some guys in a park in London that you chat to on the interweb.

Morning matey :D

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife refers to the local CPF meetups as "torch nerds" :)

(Just because she's been to one doesn't mean she can't bag me out!)

Last edited:

BarryG

Enlightened
Simple solution to problem, make your own flashaholic! I turned a longtime buddy of mine(20yrs) to lights, I think his first nice light was a SR3 and an X5. After going through a few others he now carries an Overready E2D triple! Before there is no way he would have spent over $50-$75 for a light much less a couple of hundred, now he carries and uses his E2D daily and would be lost without it!

SPREAD THE SICKNESS!!!

Barry