Upgrading Lens Maglite XL50. Need some help

sharazzi

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone new to the forums and I would like some assistance on a small problem.

I just got my Mag XL50 today and I plan on upgrading the lens to a AR lens from Flashlightlens.com (which I found on this forum) but my problem is after taking off the cap of the light I dont see any way to remove/extract the not so good plastic one which comes uninstalled on the light. It looks to me like its all moulded/press fit into one piece, and I dont want to break anything by forcing it or removing it the incorrect way.

El Camino

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

Apparently the only way to get the lens out is to take the head off, and remove the reflector from inside. Supposedly, you can wiggle the reflector and push on the lens at the same time. I'm interested in doing this with my XL200, but I'm reluctant to do so as replacement reflectors are not easy to come by.

sharazzi

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

Apparently the only way to get the lens out is to take the head off, and remove the reflector from inside. Supposedly, you can wiggle the reflector and push on the lens at the same time. I'm interested in doing this with my XL200, but I'm reluctant to do so as replacement reflectors are not easy to come by.

Thanks,

And your right that does sound pritty risky, why couldent they leave it like on the mag mini series where you just need to take of the "ring" on the head and pop the new lens in so much simpler.

El Camino

Newly Enlightened
Agreed. That and the lack of a belt clip are my only real complains about the light.