EagleTac T200C2

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Eagletact T200 C2

Wow. Love that it's only 3 modes, all preselectable from off, no output penalty for primaries, and no strobes etc. I assume the clip & tactical ring are removable.

Wonder why, having so much more output than the new tk22 with the same emitter options, the fenix has the greater spot intensity. Must just be due to 1.3" vs. 1.6" head diameter.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow. Love that it's only 3 modes, all preselectable from off, no output penalty for primaries, and no strobes etc. I assume the clip & tactical ring are removable.

Wonder why, having so much more output than the new tk22 with the same emitter options, the fenix has the greater spot intensity. Must just be due to 1.3" vs. 1.6" head diameter.

Yeah I'm really digging the new Fenix TK22 that will soon be out and might buy one, but I kind of wish they would drive that sucker a little harder. Honestly, I don't care that much though. There won't be that much of a difference between 680 lumens and say 800 to 1000. That neutral fairly tight beam will be pretty sweet with the op reflector I guess you can't have it all. Fenix is going the route of better run time in highest mode and will definitely keep it cooler as well.

Are there any comparison pics of the neutral T6 xm-l vs the new T6 xm-l2? I know artifacts and donut holes should be better and it should be EXTRA smooth with Fenix's reflector in the TK22, but I want to see if the tint is different. I know I'm being picky, but I'd like the tint to be *slightly* cooler than it is in my E50 which uses a neutral T6 xm-l.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haven't seen any, but I prioritize tint + smooth beam + reasonable runtimes over maximum possible output at all costs too.

The relationship that got me was (edit, unrelated to runtimes): 680 lumens with 18,225cd vs. the eagletac's 1,116 lumens with only 15,100cd. So much more overall output with less throw. Maybe ET doesn't count their 200 second show off mode when measuring intensity, or that extra .3" makes more difference than I thought.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eagletac 1.116 lumens are the off-the-led lumens. The ANSI lumens for the cool white are 913. Still more than the TK22 but the difference may lie in runtimes. Hard to tell as neither manufacturer bothers to tell us which 18650 they used to measure runtimes...

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah ansi vs. emitter makes it less of a mystery.

Thanks for the info. Lots of good choices lately.

marc123

Newly Enlightened

Anyone know when these will be available? Really like the features of this light as an alternative to a pd35.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Decent price online $65-70.
In the download pictures from Eagletac, the neutral is actually neutral; 4300K, and the cool-white is extreme cool-white 6500K.
Fenix doesn't explain how the TK22 went from 13,800 lux, to 18,225 from just a change in emitter from the xm-l U2 bin, to the xm-l2 U2 bin. With an output increase from 650 to 680 lumens (I think the xm-l2 was 95% the width on edge, which leads to a 10% gain in throw) So that still leaves an extra 15% gain in throw unaccounted for? Refined 'lossless OP' reflector perhaps.
and the Special Grey TK22 has the same specs with an xm-l2 T6 '"neutral"'
and I wonder if you can perceive the small 10% stepdown after 200 seconds.

TheVat26

Enlightened

It's available now. Couldn't help it ordered earlier today! I will post impressions and a short review unless someone puts one up first.

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened

It's available now. Couldn't help it ordered earlier today! I will post impressions and a short review unless someone puts one up first.

Great! Hope to hear about it soon. Did you order it in Neutral white or Cool white?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am going to get this soon, too. It is basically the G25CII MKII with a smaller head and the UI of the TX25C2. I have both of those and really like them. :)

TheVat26

Enlightened

So my t200c2 arrived today and I have only one thing to say about it. Overkill. And it's great.
The length is a tiny bit longer than a Surefire 6p, but is better balanced. There is knurling everywhere and it's just right. The clip does not have a bulge affecting your hold. The switch has a medium reistance and short travel. There is no crown on the rear tailcap so your thumb has easy access to the soft switch. The head is 1.3", but fits very well in the front jean pocket. For some it may be too large to edc, but is plenty comfortable for me. The pocket clip is very very secure (way better than Klarus' clips Labrador!).

Switching modes is fairly easy, but needs two hands, which I don't mind. Head tightened is high, quarter turn is medium, and another quarter turn is low. There is plenty of reistance in the turning head that there is no chance of it moving unless you purposely turn it.

I got the cool white version which is white, I saw little to no blue or purple hues, just intense white on high. On medium and low, the tint almost appears as a neutral. This light will throw to 125 yards CLEARLY. I only had a 125 yard refernce point from my long driveway to the mountain top but I could make out the foliage and details of th terrain with ease. The spill is effective to 75-80 yards, and after that the hotspot swells pretty wide and bright. There was no ambient light to assist. This throws an interesting beam. I'd say the beam profile projects like an xpg would meaning this has a definite hotspot.

In comparison to my Klarus xt2c, the hotspot is about 50% smaller at 25 yards, but 2-3 times as intense. Spill size is close to the same, but a good bit brighter. I don't like bright hotspots and dull spill as my eyes feel like I've got tunnel vision. With the t200, yes the hotspot is intense, but the spill is so bright that the hotspot is not distracting because everything is so well lit. Indoors, high might be a bit much. Medium is plenty bright and near the same intensity as my xt2c. Low, beleive it or not projected a faint hotspot visible at 50 yards. At the same time, for close up tasks, very usable and shouldn't disrupt night vision. No moonlight, but the low is advertised to have loooooong runtimes. Low would provide plenty of light for camping.

I used my Eagletac 3100mah protected 18650 (red/white label) with no issues. I ran t on high 30 seconds to a minute increments for a total of around 10 minutes and the head got warm, but nowhere near hot. Heat didn't get a chance to travel to the body tube. It was cold out, but no cold wind helping it cool. Very good heatsink going on. I had my wife blast me in the face on high at 20 yards and was seeing spots for a good while.

This will pierce tinted windows with ease, and will light up a 2 story house with ease from 25 yards out with the hotspot the height of a front door. I had narrowed my search of the tac light between the xt11, pd35, ArmyTek Viking, and the Jetbeam bc25. I'm glad I held off because this had everything I wanted a tac light to do, and a steal at $67. It's pretty late so I included all I can recall now.

snakeplissken83

Newly Enlightened

Lovely light...another winner from Eagletac. Cant wait for Selfbuilt and Turbo bb's reviews on this little lumen cannon.

In a way the T200c2 is to the Nitecore srt6 what the Eagletac g25c2 is to the Nitecore SRT 7.

I love the way they are all competing with one another now. There's as much diversity of products for individual niches (and general competition) as in the automotive industry, but just on a smaller scale. God knows where we'll be in five years! :duh2:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you run it for 200+ seconds on Turbo, to see if you can notice the slight stepdown?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for your thoughts, TheVat26. It sounds great just like I thought. I like it and will be ordering a neutral white version once I have the funds. I just spent my little stash on the new Eagletac MX25L3C with Nichia 219 hi CRI emitters. I just got that yesterday and it is fantastic. Great output, throw, and most of all, the best tint and color rendering of any LED I have seen for my personal preferences.

TheVat26

Enlightened

I will test if the step down is noticeable later tonight.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will test if the step down is noticeable later tonight.

I can say that the step down on all of the following Eagletac lights is almost unnoticeable unless you are watching when it happens - Eagletac SX25L3 MT-G2, SX25L2, G25C2 MKII, TX25C2, and MX25L3C Nichia version. I have all of these but the SX25L3 MT-G2 I sold a little while back because the tint was still just a little too cool for my preference. All of the other ones are the neutral white versions. I am really glad Eagletac offers both cool and neutral. They have something for everyone.

LilKevin715

Enlightened

I had my wife blast me in the face on high at 20 yards and was seeing spots for a good while.

Thats definately one way of testing hotspot lux (throw):eek:, a lux meter might be better to save your eyes or some sunglasses lol.:crackup:

Looking at the pics of the light it appears the bezel is made of aluminum, can you confirm?