ARC AAA in TOOLLOGIC Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry1582

Enlightened
I was in Sevierville TN at the Smokey Mountain Knife Works this week. I bought a TOOLLOGIC knife that was made to hold the Mag Solitare. The ARC AAA fits in the knife just fine. It has a nice blade on it for the price. It also has a pocket clip and whistle. The knife was $19.95. I did a quick search and did not see where this particular knife was mentioned before. I think it is a good combination.

tool1.jpg

tool2.jpg

Larry1582

Enlightened
Nope. You have to buy the mag separately. I was not going to buy it if the ARC AAA did not fit because I did not want to use the mag.

sotyakr

Enlightened
Careful Larry, M*g may sue you for willfully infringing on space intended for one of their lights!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, i like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i think mcgimzo made a pigyback knife/arc aaa thingy a while ago too. i really like it.

i need a freaking mill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
how does the arc aaa stay fastened in there? and does it hold it in tight enough to have no worries?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like it might be the SL1M, the smaller version. AFAIK, the only main difference between the SL1 and SL1M is the SL1 has a 3" blade and the SL1M has a 2" blade. Smoky Mt Knife Works has the SL1M for $20 and the SL1 for $30.

I've seen these around before, and just did a quick search in google, and have never seen mention that it was supposed to be used with a Mag Solitaire. Every place I've seen it for sale it comes with a button-cell powered LED light. Is this something new, or just a regular SL1M? Will the regular SL1 or SL1M hold an ARC too?

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce//prodlist.jsp?Mode=Text&SearchText=TLSL1M+&Search.x=11&Search.y=10

-Keith

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will not hold an Arc, at least not the early models. Mr Bulk and I did a collaboration and made some Kydex holders that fit the Tool Logic. The light that comes with the knive is a bit brighter than an Arc but it has no regulation and a much shorter run time.
I have a new in box Tool Logic SL1 and maybe a Arc holder for it, if anyone is interested.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
There are actually several new models now, one with a blank sealed compartent for holding waterproof matches or whatever (it is a survival knife) and another with a compartment newly sized for the Solitaire, as well as the original one with the button cell led light. And as Neonlights mentioned there is also a smaller version although I know not whether the container up top is the same size.

And yes Dana, that was a rather cool collaboration, eh? It appears we were before our time and ToolLogic saw it (or perhaps some users objected to the weird little LED light they included).

Dave Wright

Enlightened
The 2" blade version doesn't look to me like it would hold an Arc AAA. Even if the battery compartment happens to be the correct diameter and holds the Arc securely, it must be way too short. The 2" would be my choice for regular carry otherwise. Prefer non-serrated blades. The 2" might still be a nice tool with its OEM LED light.

Larry1582

Enlightened
The one I have says that it is made for the mag solitare. It did not come with the solitare. The compartment is blank with a capsule type head with gaskets. The ARC AAA fits in mine just like it was made for it. I can't find a model number on it. Mine has a 3 inch blade. I bought it at Smokey Mountain Knife Works in person.

Just looked at the Toollogic site and it would be the SL2.

tool3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.