Places where you keep a flashlight

KnifeStyle

Newly Enlightened
In this thread, list all the places you have placed or stored a light. This does not include storage areas where you keep all your gear, the light must be kept with batteries ready to be used.

On nightstand-Safelight with constant glow function.

In everyday bag-Photon Proton, Fauxton on zipper pull, Petzl E-Lite

In living room-BOGO Light solar light near window.

In car emergency bag-Stanley FatMax Spotlight, Photon ReX on zipper pull, Photon Freedom in Ritter survival kit.

Glove compartment-Nite Ize Mini Mag in tool pouch, Petzl Tikka.

Center console compartment-Inova X1

Winter jacket pocket-Streamlight Protac 1AA

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Car glove box
Keychain
Briefcase
Wife's keychain
Daughter's car glovebox
Nightstand
Drawer beside couch in living room
Drawer in kitchen
And most importantly In my pocket

Spares are in the bedroom in various locations.

Candlehorsepower

Newly Enlightened
I have Original Shakelight in the rainy day kit in both my vehicle and my wifes vehicle. (Also has utility gloves for tire changes, glowsticks and a mini aches and pains first aid kit).

I have the magnetic motion detector flashlights in the hallways upstairs and downstairs, since they are motion detect and run on AAA and I do use them as spot flashlights when i need to light up areas behind something I consider them flashlights. Primary purpose illuminate that walkways during (frequent) power outages during storm season and also for late night trots to the the fridge.

On my belt as part of my flashlight EDC I carry either AA or AAA Billet Copper Maratac (countycom.com) or my Inova XO3DM-HT.

My wife and I both have Inova button cell LED flashlights on our keychains.

I keep both a glow stick and streamlight pen light in my messenger bag. Mainly so I can see into all of the corners of the bag when its dark.

Center console of my car i have a cheapo 12 LED AAA x 3 LED flashlight. Thats a giveaway light in case someone needs to borrow it. I dont mind if it doesn't come back.

Weapons locker has a red gelled tap light on the exterior so I can open it without making too much light as well as a Eveready 123 hacklight with a 9volt Streamlight xenon bulb in it.

Home office houses the rest of the flashlight collection they are setup for presentation but all are charged or have fresh batteries and ready to go. Every room has a flashlight in it some are mounted on the wall near the light switch others are in a drawer closest to the light switch. Some are inexpensive most all have some sentimental value attached and were heavily researched.

ven

Flashaholic
Glove box
Boot
Centre console
Kitchen cupboard
Bedroom draw
Keys
works keys
works tool box
Inside coat pocket
Caravan
My son has a box in his bed room with AA /AAA/D flahlights,batteries removed till used
Spares as in O rings,clips,holsters etc etc etc bed side draw
Some flashlights in wardrobe
Sure more they are off top of head

Exostencil

Newly Enlightened
1AAA moonlight el-cheapo and 1AA Ultrafire zoomable in small EDC car kit
Fenix LD20 in bedside cabinet
SL Stylus Pro in work bag
Olight i3s eos on keychain

Others mostly in wardrobe without batteries

Rexlion

Enlightened
Too many to mention, strewn all over the house. On the the nightstand, on the dresser, on tables and desks, on the fridge and the microwave, in drawers, in the garage, etc. In both glove compartments, too. And the Maratac AAA EDC in the pocket, of course.

Imran520

Newly Enlightened
DO store your flashlight in a dry, cool location that's convenient and easy to reach in an emergency or power outage.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better question is where don't I have a flashlight.

I don't have a flashlight in the dining room and toilet.

There's at least two flashlights in every other room in the house and cars. If you include the lights my wife owns then there's about 20 in the main bedroom.

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
So far I don't have many lights stashed around. I find I need to get into the habit of buying cheaper lights to leave a in places where I need them in an emergency.

Currently:
Night Stand: Old 45 lumen Mac tools light. (also iPhone during the night)
Clipped to truck's sun visor: Klarus ST11
Holster: L2P with 90+ CRI XM-L2 Drop-In
Keychain: Cheap promotional light (I'm still trying to work up the courage to put on my 4Sevens A0 on there)
Closet Shelf: The rest of the collection

Last edited:

mbw_151

Enlightened
I have lights in all the usual places; pockets, cars, boat, night stand in each bedroom, kitchen, garage, office, hall closet. The oddest one is in the A/V cabinet, use it when watching movies to find the right remote.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lights in all the usual places; pockets, cars, boat, night stand in each bedroom, kitchen, garage, office, hall closet. The oddest one is in the A/V cabinet, use it when watching movies to find the right remote.

Good one. My mother ( and now I) also keep one on the video shelf. She had VHS, I have DVD's. I know even now I am old school.

kodiakk

Newly Enlightened
Hunting pack, fanny pack,truck, tool box, and on the end of my shotgun.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this thread, list all the places you have placed or stored a light. This does not include storage areas where you keep all your gear, the light must be kept with batteries ready to be used.

On nightstand-Safelight with constant glow function.

In everyday bag-Photon Proton, Fauxton on zipper pull, Petzl E-Lite

In living room-BOGO Light solar light near window.

In car emergency bag-Stanley FatMax Spotlight, Photon ReX on zipper pull, Photon Freedom in Ritter survival kit.

Glove compartment-Nite Ize Mini Mag in tool pouch, Petzl Tikka.

Center console compartment-Inova X1

Winter jacket pocket-Streamlight Protac 1AA

Why is there a reason to your post? Are you giving a prize to the best answer?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting responses. Except for a thrower I keep by the back door for walking my dog off leash, I pretty much just keep a light(s) in my pocket since that effectively means "everywhere."

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
Why is there a reason to your post? Are you giving a prize to the best answer?

I know your question wasn't directed at me, but I felt compelled to answer.

I always enjoy these types of threads because it gives people a chance to compare notes and share ideas that may help them better utilize the flashlights they own. I find this akin to the "What flashlights do you EDC?" or even ones like "Show us your keychains". I like observing how others store, carry, and use their lights so I can improve my own system, so I can better enjoy the lights I have.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know your question wasn't directed at me, but I felt compelled to answer.

I always enjoy these types of threads because it gives people a chance to compare notes and share ideas that may help them better utilize the flashlights they own. I find this akin to the "What flashlights do you EDC?" or even ones like "Show us your keychains". I like observing how others store, carry, and use their lights so I can improve my own system, so I can better enjoy the lights I have.

Ok i think i get the idea of the post now.:huh:

Canada

Newly Enlightened
Nightstand --> Surefire E2D Ultra
Wife's nightstand--> Fenix PD20
kitchen --> Surefire Fury
Car--> Sunwayman V11R
keychain--> Fenix LD01
Glock17--> Surefire X300 Ultra

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
EXCELLENT IDEA FOR A THREAD :twothumbs: (Should be named: Places where you keep a flashlight PERMANENTLY :D)

EDC: Keychain AND (pocket or belt holster)

NIGHTSTAND: Top (one with trits and two with moon modes), plus a bunch inside the top drawer

BED: Thrower on the floor between bed and nightstand you know why (TK75 cudgel)

WASHER: Shelf over the washer for dark socks (yes, a pun, but it's not one worth half that much, though...)

COMPUTER DESK: Forward clickie for usual stuff, thrower in case of intrusion while on CPF (wouldn't it look bad to be stuck without one while CPFing?)

BATHROOM: Worst place to get stuck without one during a power outage (NOT A BROWN-OUT AGAIN!!!!)

CAR: 1 cheapo in console, 1 thrower in backseat organizer, 1 crank light and headlamp in the glove compartment.

HIKING PACK: 1 headlamp, one crank light (NiMh) and spare batteries plus a pocket EDC at all times

KITCHEN DRAWER: Too far to reach for the other lights when stuck in the dark or in plain need (especially when knives are right there!)

BICYCLE PACK: Position lights because you never really know, not counting the times I carry actual flashlight as headlights just because I want to...

TOOL BOX: Just realized yesterday I definitely need to dedicate one with primaries and spares, plus a headlamp because going back to get one is just bad practice.... My problem is having 2 tool boxes, not having too few flashlights/headlamps...

BOB: Still planning on an actual dedicated BOB, but that is a must, along with a good reserve of batteries.

LIVING ROOM: Another far-off place to be stuck without a light in case of power outage... and second most likely place for that to happen! (IMO)

Last edited:

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
* Small EDC goes often where I go. Usually some pocket of my pants, belt, or coat pocket. Right beside my bed @ night.
* An older light as backup in a drawer right next to my computer desk.
* Cheapo AA light in a food storage cabinet downstairs.
* Various shelves & drawers, most in living room and gf's bedroom, some hidden in stacks of clothes. Some 3x AAA cheapo's, and some 'antiques' (incandescent 2x AA or C cells). The latter invariably with dead batteries inside, and therefore useless. I couldn't care less. :whistle: