A reminder for UK members about the storm

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
Just a reminder for UK members that tonight and tomorrow is expected to be the worst storm in the south of England for 25 years. It's an amber weather alert at the moment but significant chaos is expected with 100mph winds, Torrential rain etc. They expect flooding and trees to come down and that sort of thing.

Last edited:

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Just a reminder for UK members that tonight and tomorrow is expected to be the worst storm in the south of England for 25 years. It's an amber weather alert at the moment but significant chaos is expected with 100mph winds, Torrential rain etc. They expect flooding and trees to come down and that sort of thing.

Charging batteries in the kitchen and I get asked "do we have a lantern or something in case there's a power-cut?" :rolleyes::laughing:

Seriously though, stay safe southern CPF'ers! (and those in the North if the storm decides that it fancies to pay a visit)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time for UK lads to use there Led lights

The UK is expecting the worst storms since 1987 with outages expected due to damage.The news channels have advised to not let candles burn unattended which is common sense to most.

So boys off to B&Q for batteries if you have not provided yourself with stock.

Check all those shelf queens have been charged ready and be a good neighbour and loan out a little something to an older person living on there own because they will never ask for help.

At nearly 60 the young family next door have knocked my door this morning saying they are making me a Sunday lunch bless them.

Ruislip

Newly Enlightened
All set with my new LED lights that I got after recommendations from this forum. Just going out to make sure everything is secured. I've also bought myself a hardhat!!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
All cells charged.

Strategic torches positioned for family in house (Grandma, Nephew, Wife and kids - a full house!).

The neighbours know where to come just in case.

Several self heat camping meals and a army heater just in case. Lots of large bottled water in garage.

Car filled up and bicycles serviced.

Is it wrong, at this stage, to actually want the upheaval to come to us?

Being in Central London, I guess any power cut won't last long. Gotta keep the wheels of commerce and business going and the residents can go hang!

Batten down the hatches one and all! Prepararse para la Tormente!!

Beware the woodlouse....

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Time for UK lads to use there Led lights

I'll be thinking of everyone over there. Stay safe!

broadgage

Enlightened
Assorted lights to hand + spare batteries.
Hard hat and high visibabilty clothing to hand.
I am at work at present in central London, very windy at present but nothing exceptional as yet.
Not safe IMHO to go onto the roof at work.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
All cells charged.

Strategic torches positioned for family in house (Grandma, Nephew, Wife and kids - a full house!).

The neighbours know where to come just in case.

Several self heat camping meals and a army heater just in case. Lots of large bottled water in garage.

Car filled up and bicycles serviced.

Being in Central London, I guess any power cut won't last long. Gotta keep the wheels of commerce and business going and the residents can go hang!

Batten down the hatches one and all! Prepararse para la Tormente!!

Beware the woodlouse....

Crikey mate you missed so much in your readiness.

You forgot your paracord lanyard/key ring.I bet you never packed your mini pry bar.Did you put a couple of notes in your mini stash tube.Have you made sure your Uzi tacticle pen is in your pocket.Are your dry packs packed to protect your i phones.

God love the US&A for making us look like mates of Steven Segal.:nana:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crikey mate you missed so much in your readiness.

You forgot your paracord lanyard/key ring.I bet you never packed your mini pry bar.Did you put a couple of notes in your mini stash tube.Have you made sure your Uzi tacticle pen is in your pocket.Are your dry packs packed to protect your i phones.

God love the US&A for making us look like mates of Steven Segal.:nana:

Yup, them too.

Plus I have my broad spectrum antibiotics and my Luger pistol and my inflatable Batman suit.

And I have a new fanny magnet in my back pocket, just in case.

BTW - all cash will be useless by dawn tomorrow. You need stuff you can barter. Spare fuel, food, drugs and medications and several bottles of Bull's semen.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in the NL it was very, very windy today (+ some rain too). Worse expected for tomorrow. Similar to expectations for the UK but not as extreme, I suppose.
Nothing wrong with that, I think. As long as disaster strikes in bitesize pieces... :D

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, them too.

Plus I have my broad spectrum antibiotics and my Luger pistol and my inflatable Batman suit.

And I have a new fanny magnet in my back pocket, just in case.

BTW - all cash will be useless by dawn tomorrow. You need stuff you can barter. Spare fuel, food, drugs and medications and several bottles of Bull's semen.

Good man you are well prepared.:D

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check your neighbours especially if they're living alone.

Oh and charge your mobiles and laptops etc.

On the plus side - if the power goes down, at least the air conditioning units on the roof of the offices next door will stop their incessant drone and hum for a few blessed hours!

Ruislip

Newly Enlightened
This is hotting up nicely. Just charged my electric toothbrush. If you attach a small pice of wood to the head, you can hold it against another piece to start a fire.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Keep your car topped up, you can re-charge the toothbrush with an inverter. A stormpocalypse is no reason for poor dental hygiene.

Edit for helpful info: SouthWest trains has given up trying to run a normal service and have issued travel updates.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the reminder. I have 24 torches placed around the pad and a survival bag full of goodies. I'm ready for under the Dome.

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Well so far no sign of storms an I am in east Sussex supposedly one of the places Kent to get the storm I believe?

Its windy but nothing stormy many 20-30MPH and it was worse erler today...I know its not due yet but its not getting worse at it its actually getting calmer....I somehow don't this this is going to be THE WORST STROM IN 25 YEARS.... please bloody media over hyping stuff and scare mongering....

I don't doubt there will be a storm and there will be power outages and there will be flooding....but I don't think its going to be the biggest an and worst Strom of the last quatar century somehow....

I'm sure there's also going to be downed trees and scenes of destruction on the news tommro or the next day but no worse than any other storm we get every year or everunfew years....I mean we've had flooding at least local flooding for the last few years were I am, hpjust hope there's no huge floods as obviously no one wants that...hope you all make it through the next 24-48 and no one ends up flooded or worse. Hopefully it won't be to bad but I do think its been over hyped...

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Hmm, no sign of it yet, its calm as you like here. Michael Fish must have been spreading porky pies again lol. Will see how tonight/tomorrow turns out...

Last time....

Last edited: