Best NEW Flashlight of 2003?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it's not quite Christmas but soon the New Year will be upon us. In the spirit of last year's Luminescence's 2002 awards, I'm wondering what you think is the best new flashlight that was released during 2003? And for what reasons? I think performance is probably the overriding factor in my choosing but other things should come into play as well such as affordability and value for the dollar. Two lights that immediately come to mind is perhaps the Surefire L6 for strictly performance although some may say it's also a good value for the dollar but also maybe the Streamlight twin tasks series as value for the dollar. And if you have multiple favorites but could only pick one, which one would it be? Also was the Arc LSP released this year or last? I'm curious as to your thoughts and reasons. I think this should be kept to commercially released flashlights.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well for me i have to go with the low dollor lights my dorcy aaa is amazeing .5 bucks and change its bright depedable.and fun

paulr

Flashaholic
What, not the PK1? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I guess you're limiting it to commercially produced flashlights. I'm most interested in flashlights that break new ground, so that would be the SF A2 or L4. The L5 is a nice light, maybe better than the L4 for many purposes, but it's just an incremental change to the L4.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd call it a tie between the L4 and TW4. From sales figures, those were definitely the two biggest sellers this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I think the reflectored 5W's from SF all deserve recognition but I think as a complete package and flashlight to be singled out, the A2 is in a niche all its own.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4 best light and Streamlight's Twintask lights for best value.

GregR

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4 for all around utility and as the category breaker in the production LED category.

Wilkey

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though i dont own one yet, id have to go with the A2. Not only was it one of the first to have low level LEDs and incandecent, it was the first, and still the only regulated incandecant. And it pulls it off without resorting to a click/cycle switch setup.

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
I own an L4 and A2 - both are great but my vote goes to the A2 for the combination of LEDs and groundbreaking REGULATED incan.

What we need now is a regulated M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire L4, definitely! I am not sure when the Arc LSH came on the market.

The L4 did not break ground in the use of a 5 watt emitter, as the Arc LS3 did that (consider it a proof of concept light, given the low life of the emitter at the time).

The L4 is a full production light, and a first class creation.

I am more of a 1 watt and 5mm LED person, and I love my L4.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
L4 for its uniquely bright and broad regulated beam combined with its tiny EDC-friendly size.

Brightnorm