My version of 2xCR2 Luxeon light!

Dan C

Enlightened
Here is the latest from my frozen garage! This one is machined out of 6061 aluminum and takes a pair of CR2 batts. Body diameter is .720", thick enough to machine the flats and hopefully leave some strength. The knurling is recessed and is the same diameter as the rest of the light. Chief Wiggum lent an essential hand by crafting me a superb little sandwich using a Downboy 400 and a LuxIII LED. Thanks Chief!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif A plain vanilla cut-down NX05 was installed, and she runs pretty fine. Gonna see how long a set of CR2's will last now........
dan1.jpg
dan2.jpg
dan3.jpg
dan4.jpg

Dan C

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Instead of buying them all, this man is making them all. Wonderful work, as always.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Dan C! Touch of the Inovas about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
!!!!!!! what all other people have said

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

probably a better mod than hacking X1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Very nice! I especially like the flat end for tail standing. Is it CNC machined? Are you gonna sell them? Is the sandwich swappable, i.e. could you put in a BB/Madmax for a 1xCR2 version?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a beautiful light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Looks CNC machined, but Dan has the skill to machine these by HAND! Dan really incorporated some cool designs into this light. Watch out, because this guy is learning the electronics side now. We've got a monster on our hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan C

Enlightened
Chief, you crack me up BAD!! No CNC here, just several hours of fumbling around. You guys ought to see the cute little module the Chief made for me, a work of art and I'm drop dead serious. It's a full .100" shorter than a production sandwich, and I hope he'll feel sorry enough for me to do another one someday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Dan C

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Dan C,

That's a great looking light! The milled flats really finish off the design and balance well! Very cool and thanks for sharing your ideas!!

- Don

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great photos too!
Dan:
Did you get a new digicam, or find a willing accomplace nearby?

P.S. Please DO NOT make this available in 123A size... my Stoplight and CNC-123 are getting along just fine without another "brother". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif