led/xenon flashlights

Calvin

Newly Enlightened
I just found this website last weekend and I think it is really cool. My wife was surprised that there were people that were more into flashlights than myself. I think it's cool. I saw my first streamlight twin-task in a Kendall electric supply house and thought they were neat. I would like to get one that uses AA batteries, but I am not keen on the length of their twin-task 3AA. I would like to retire my Mini Mag and find something to fit in it's holster. I was checking out Nuwai's website and came to the conclusion that they make the twin-tasks for streamlight. On their website they have some new led/xenon flashlights, one in particular, the AL-32AA caught my eye. It has the 3 leds and a xenon bulb, and runs on 2 AA batteries. I have been trying to find where I could purchase one of these new flashlights from Nuwai. If anyone has any information or leads on where I could find one, I would greatly appreciate it.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out: The Sandwich Shoppe. You can get a Luxeon Star module that replaces the guts in your mag. Read about them to decide which one you want. For starters, I'd recommend a MM Q3 or Q2. Don't worry too much about your first one - you'll get others, too. Also get the glass mineral lens and a Kroll switch.

For the future as you get more, I recommend the Brinkmann Legend 2AA as a host. $10 from REI and it has a tail switch saving you $4.50 on the Kroll.

You won't believe the bright, white output of these. And you can run them off of rechargeable cells.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Calvin!

Further to Kitelight's post, you can also opt for a cheaper (altho not as bright as the Sandwich modules recommended above) Opalec Newbeam module. Its also a 'drop in' module for your M*g 2AA, and is just as easy to install. Think some of the dealers here carry them.
The Nuwais wouldn't fit into your holster for sure. If you must have a AA sized light, then try the Arc LS. Take a look at this thread here for a great deal. With this package, you can choose to use either 1x 123 cell, or 2x AA cells. Great deal from a great dealer/manufacturer, if I may add...
Otherwise, if you must have a combo light, then the SF A2 Aviator comes into mind... but that comes with a price too though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif