Reccommend some good sci-fi movies

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
I have been in the mood to watch some good sci-fi movies lately. Not just any movie but the kind where they are in space or go to an alien planet or are on an alien planet.
I already own copies of:
- All the Alien and Predator movies.
- The Forbidden Planet
- Outland
- Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick
- The Black Hole
- Event Horizon
- Sunshine
- Red Planet
- Mission to Mars
- Dune and Children of Dune
- All the Star Wars and Star Trek movies
- Screamers I and II

I am looking for more to acquire. I have seen so any that I enjoyed throughout my lifetime but I can't remember the names of many of them.

so

I am coming to you for help.

Please recommend some good spacefaring sci-fi movies. I need more. More more more.

Littlelantern

Newly Enlightened
war of the world(2005) tom cruise ,sound of the thunder (2005) ,planet of apes(2001) ,the legion:thumbsup:

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
ib0Xs7KF4ZMTuM.jpg

Imon

Enlightened
I rewatched A.I. a year or so ago and I liked it more then vs when I first watched it. It's a movie that gets better with age, maybe not like Blade Runner, but under-appreciated in its own time.

GATTACA is a decent movie. Some people really love it but I thought it was OK. It's worth a watch.

Solaris (the old one) is always good for a watch.

The old Planet of the Apes is great. The prosthetics are a bit funny to watch but I thought the new Planet of the Apes with Mark Wahlberg was trash. Rise of the Planet of the Apes was OK though - not great, but worth a watch.

District 9 is a good movie too.

I'm trying to think of other good sci-fi movies but I'm drawing a blank...
I'll come back to it. :D
I'm a big sci-fi movie fan too.

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
That is a nice list. Here is a short list of mixed space related movies that are for those days you want something a little different: Silent Running, Heavy Metal, Battle Beyond the Stars, the original BBC version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

JacobJones

Enlightened
Dark Star (1974). It's a low budget black comedy, not much action but worth watching (dunno if I'd go as far as buying a copy). It's a cult classic now ;)

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
Classics, Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate.

Series: Doctor Who, Stargate, Star Trek, X-Files, Red Dwarf, Eurika.

Doctor Who will keep you watching back to back episodes for days on end.

Imon

Enlightened
Oh, with some people mentioning Dark Star that reminds me of Dark City (not that the plot is related but the title is similar).

I watched Dark City when I was a kid. A weird movie ... sort of sci-fi/noir/mystery mixed into one. Not a classic but worth a watch.