FENIX PD12 !

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix just released this! PD12

zndk.jpg
[h=2]From Fenix:[/h] The Fenix PD12 Flashlight generates 360 lumen max output in a go-anywhere size. Three brightness levels and a burst mode are controlled by the side switch.

·Cree XM-L2 (T6) neutral white LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
·Use one 3V CR123A battery
·81mm (Length) x 25.4mm (Diameter)
·48-gram weight (excluding batteries)
·Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
·Reverse polarity protection guards against improper battery installation
·Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
·Side switch on the head for simple and convenient operation

I want it.....

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not bad, but there are smaller, brighter lights. Not saying it's not interesting, though.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, but for how tiny it is even 360 lumens on an xm-l2 is going to heat it up quickly. Fenix tends to run things a little lower and cooler rather than going lava and crazy for 1 minute at 500 lumens lol.

I didn't read through manuals if they had them available but I didn't see how long the burst at 360 lumens lasts before stepping down. I'm fine with 360 lumens though as the burst --- It's over 100 lumens brighter (in neutral tint) than my Fenix TK11 which is still one of my favorite lights so it'll make stuff visible to say the least.

The high mode is nice and balanced too imo: 200 lumens for 2.5 hours. :huh: There is some nice tech in it, but I'm hoping it's affordable... It's small so it'll probably be the same price as the LD22 or so? Around 60$?

Hmm.... I kind of wish the middle mode was lower though. 60 hours at 10 lumens and then 6.5 at 80 lumens. It should be more like 40 lumens for 10+ hours. Can't be too picky though I guess.

At least they went with an actual button switch instead of the rubber rectangle switch. I don't mind it that much but this looks way classier. Looks like the button on the newer 1 18650 TK models.

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
here we go again with another side button light. i could already see it turning on accidentally against those keys in the picture LOL

i wonder if it's got lockout.. and how does it work...

jay_rush

Unenlightened
Olight s10 xm-l2 all the freaking way! ive had the xml version on my keys for a year and i cant remember it ever turning on in my pocket, amazing amazing light. 360 lumens is only a burst mode for the fenix and can only run cr123s? thats baloney! baloney i say!

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Olight S10 has a lockout feature that you can activate by keeping the button pressed for sometime.I dont have the light but i read it somewhere and im guessing Fenix has done something similar.

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
You know olight hit a homerun when a competitors light thread is chuck full of responses on why it's already superior! Lockout, magnetic tailcap, sturdy clip that can attach to a ball cap, can also run rcr123's

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
here we go again with another side button light. i could already see it turning on accidentally against those keys in the picture LOL

i wonder if it's got lockout.. and how does it work...

Not sure about the PD12 but on the Olight S10 the pocket clip is reversible so, if you're concerned about turning the flashlight on accidentally against the keys, just flip the clip around and slide it on top of the button that way is protected from any contact with the keys, but you can always physically lock-out the light by unscrewing the tailcap partially.

gwhw.jpg

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
Looks like it will be somewhat throwy for a tiny light (120m, 3600cd)

Otherwise, Meh. . .

They really need one more mode in there. Something like: 5, 25, 75, 200 + burst would have been much better.

At this point it doesn't give me anything that my PD22 or my Mini-ML doesn't give, other than the burst. .

It is Natural White and it can candle stand so for someone who doesn't have something in that segment it might be a nice choice. Probably would be a nice gift light.

passive101

Enlightened
How does this compare in size to the 4/7 123A mini? I have a 123A mini, but I had to take it off my keychain. I've had 2 of the lights and both have ended up skipping modes and generally being a pain in the rear to use sometimes.