Recommend a good daily light.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I want a light I can comfortably carry every day. I like the fenix pd35, it seems to have good throw, and flood which would be useful. I also like the size, and design, and that it has a clip. If you guys have any input on lights that will work, or will suit me better, please let me know. I'm still a newbie

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jimboutilier

Enlightened
If you fill out a form found at the top of the "recommend me a light" section to help us better understand your needs we might be able to help you better.

Fenix is a good brand and the PD35 is a good light. Similar lights you might look at are the Foursevens Quark Pro QP2L-X with burst mode and the EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky in XML2.

passive101

Enlightened
The Nitecore SRT5 is also a solid light and competes head to head with the PD35 from Fenix. Both are very good well made lights. Personally I like pictures, so here they are. They are about the size dimensions. I own both of them.

fenix-pd35-1-003.jpg

25-fonar-nitecore-srt5-cree-xm-l2-t6-750-ljumen-8-rezhimov-2xcr1231x18650-6-1080_enl.jpg

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Ya, see I'm new. I know fenix makes good lights. I don't know many other brands, that's why I'm asking competitors. A small light, with great throw, but really lights up the ground in front of me.

passive101

Enlightened
I have the SRT5 in my emergency bag and I use the PD35 on a regular basis. Depending on your use for the light, I really like that the SRT5 has a magnetic selector wheel. It doesn't change the setting in my pocket and you never have to flash it high to change it low. The red and blue LED's are fantastic in low light or to use while hiking and hunting.

Both of them have a buttload of throw (for a general purpose light) good big hot spots and plenty of side spill. They work great close up or being out in the wide open. (I live on the outskirts of a small town, so we have both). I'd trust either light. they both work with 123A primary lithium cells and with 18650 recharageable lithium batteries.

ETA - I can use them both with gloves on as well.

BOHAWG

Newly Enlightened
I've been a big supporter of Fenix flashlights for years.... I EDC'd a PD31(Premium R5) for years until Zebralight introduced the SC600.... and I've never carried a Fenix since>>>>>> I just recently received the newly upgraded Zebralight SC600 II L2 which chunks an outstanding 1100 lumens...... comes with a nice pocket clip, however I usually use a holster or just throw it in my front pocket.... I HIGHLY recommend this light.

Razzle

Enlightened
Agreed. I've been carrying my PD35 daily for a week now, but will be ordering that Zebralight tomorrow, as I like the UI better.

Will be receiving my new Zebra SC52 tomorrow, as well. That will be my every day EDC light!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a light I can comfortably carry every day. I like the fenix pd35, it seems to have good throw, and flood which would be useful. I also like the size, and design, and that it has a clip. If you guys have any input on lights that will work, or will suit me better, please let me know. I'm still a newbie

Easy. Foursevens QP2L-X or QT2L-X w/ Burst Mode. 780 lumens. Slimmer and lighter than any 18650-based light so is very very comfortable to carry everyday.

Zebralight SC52w is another great choice.

scarfinger68

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Quark Pro QP2L-X with Burst Mode

Very light, 82 grams with two rcr123's. Tail-stands, moon mode and capable of high out put. Carried mine all day at work today, pocket carry with clip. Has a deep carry clip which I will probably get.

I love mine so far but my only other light is a TK10 which is too heavy in my opinion for general EDC pocket carry.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff M361N-LMH in MD2 body with the High-Low switch. A very nice low and high with a great all purpose beam pattern and tint.
You can add the clip for $12 more.

The next step up would be the Prometheus Alpha Ready-Made.

I love my PD35, but both of the above lights are in another league.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff M361N LMH is a great dropin. The modes are well spaced and the beam/tint are wonderful. A lot of spill and a hot spot. I have mine in a VME head and a Vital Gear FB1 body running on a 16340 li-ion rechargeable. Really small foot print although the head is a bit chunky - I'm fine with that. The compromise is runtime. The runtime on a single 16340 is reasonable. But when I need longer runtime I either use the FB2 body (2XCR123 primaries or 1x17670 li-ion) or MD2 host (1x18650). The beam/tint are what make this a good daily light and I have the flexibility to go small or go for long runtime.