• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: V11Rvn & RRT01vn - 900 Lumen Pocket EDC

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
V11Rvn & RRT01vn - 900 High Lumen Pocket EDC

Must Read & Agree Before Purchase: Click Here

V11Rvn $100 Shipped
RRT01 $110 Shipped

- Current Boost to 2.4A for 900 LED Lumen
- I am also going to stiffen up the RRT01vn control ring for better control.
- XML2 6500K Default
- XML2 4000K
- RRT01vn can take IMR18350

V11Rvn Selfbuilt's Review/Specs: Click Here
RRT01 reviews:
Click Here

+ $5 for "V54" hand engraved
+ $10 if you are outside of USA

PM or email me for payment instructions.
Email: [email protected]

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: V11R VS RRT01 ( Help me Pick)

I still prefer the V10R over the V11R, but given the choice I would go with the V11R over the RRT01. Both are great lights and except for one glaring issue the preference really comes down to a personal thing regarding the control knob and beam quality. The issue with the RRT01 is that it doesn't have a power switch and I have experienced several issues with the light over owning a few of them including - hot pocket syndrome (and I mean REALLY hot pocket) because the control ring turned on in my pocket to pretty high, odd LED flickering when the light was fully in the turned off position.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would loved to get my hands on one of these Jetbeam :D

gunga

Flashaholic

I do like both, but probably prefer the V11R by a slim margin. The short clip on the RRT01 looks nice but is not that strong. I also like how you can dismantle the V11R easily to change or adjust the grease. You have to take the circuit out to grease the RRT01.

aFallenTree

Newly Enlightened

I have been trying to decide for several days now. I have it between the V11r, RRT01 and the SRT3.

V11R beats the RRT01 in my view by having a clicky so it doesn't turn on whenever it wants in my pocket.

SRT3 has them both beat in features but it gains a little bulk over the others. I like the red led option since i have a EC2 as my EDC and i use the red led quite often.

RRT01 also falls short in the run time.

SoCal5150

Newly Enlightened

I'm in for the V11r, especially since Sean (shineonyoucrazydiamond) will be selling electronic switches (with trits!) that will work with that light...if you're lucky enough to get one!

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

The RRT-01, more versatile battery choices. Ability to use 18350, also can the head can be put on the niteye 15 body and use a 18650 button top cell.

Disciple

Enlightened

What would your enhancement be on either of these? It might affect my preference.

Incidentally I would still like to know why you (apparently) got only 280 emitter lumens in the P15vn, as the tests I referred to here suggest much higher should be possible. (On Al 325+ emitter lumens, and direct-to-Cu 350+ "estimated 'OTF' lumens.")

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm out of this round as I already have a V11R (oops - sorry, this was V10A...) with HiCRI XP-G, titanium control ring & 12 trits in the cooling fins. My dedicated travel light (see it on bedside table in the dark). Lithium AA, 14500, ni-cad, etc..., flexible as to what you can feed it.

Also have several in the Ti version, great lights. Bezels, bodies, drilled cooling fins (for trits), electronic switches. LOTs of options to pimp up the SWM lights. I don't have any jet beam lights, not planning to add any at this time.

Last edited:

Lomandor

Enlightened

I have found it kinda gets annoying at times having to use the clicky to turn the light on then having to flip it over to adjust brightness with the duals, when you can simply go from off to any brightness. Though as SOYCD said, then there is the chance off accident activation. I guess you could always loosen the battery compartment on the rrt01 for lockout, then it's just as easy to click the tail switch on the v11r. I really like the simplicity of the looks and operation of my TCR1, Gonna be a preference thing.

Have you thought about the RRT0, very nice light to and seems to be favoured by many, also AA compatible with extender, tail clucky, infante brightness, my brothers favourite EDC.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

Been debating this same thing. Is the eye10 out of the question? it was on my list

Lomandor

Enlightened

I think the TCR10 Ti extender that can be purchased separately also work on the RRT01

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Nichia 219 makes less lumen. The XPG2 version kicks 700 Lumen.

What would your enhancement be on either of these? It might affect my preference.

Incidentally I would still like to know why you (apparently) got only 280 emitter lumens in the P15vn, as the tests I referred to here suggest much higher should be possible. (On Al 325+ emitter lumens, and direct-to-Cu 350+ "estimated 'OTF' lumens.")

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Seems almost 50/50 between the two. Might just offer both...Both will get Copper and current boost as normal.

Will count scores later and we will see :)

sxv

Newly Enlightened

Eagletac D25C titanium :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Eye10 is not considered and its very close to the RRT01 :)

Disciple

Enlightened

Nichia 219 makes less lumen. The XPG2 version kicks 700 Lumen.

VN, I know the Nichia 219 is not capable of as much radiant power as the XP-G2, but you still haven't directly answered my question. As already stated, other testers claim to be able to get more out of the high-CRI 219 than 280 emitter lumens. I want to know if you have actually measured or had measured the output of your P15vn 219. Is it possible you are getting much more than 280 lumens? Have you done your own current-vs-lumen testing of a copper bonded 219? Is the 219 in the P15vn direct-bonded?