Broken Armytek Predator switch

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I've got the newer predator with the XPG2 emitter. 80% of the time my tail cap switch only works as a momentary switch - ie it works as long as I am holding the button down but as soon as I let go it turns off. Sometimes I can get it to click and stay on but that is rare.
Any ideas for something to check? Thanks!

oeL

Newly Enlightened
I've got the newer predator with the XPG2 emitter. 80% of the time my tail cap switch only works as a momentary switch - ie it works as long as I am holding the button down but as soon as I let go it turns off. Sometimes I can get it to click and stay on but that is rare.
Any ideas for something to check? Thanks!

On cpfmarketplace you will find some discussions about a rare flickering issue. Armyteks custumer service usually immediately exchanges the tailcap when any switch issue arises.

I have improved the mechanical and electric function of the switch (smoother operation, not the glance of a flicker) with a contact fluid (MOS² aka Caramba). I opened the tailcap with round pliers (see the manual for a description), added lots of the fluid, operated the switch and repeated this several times. Then I removed excessive contact fluid with a cotton tissue and let dry the switch for one day. Maybe that helps for your Predator as well.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback OeL- I'll give it a try. I hadn't even tried customer service yet; my pocket clipped snapped while putting it on and they were very unhelpful with that so in this case I didn't even try.
Heading off to look for MOS2 in Malayisa! :)

Rick