Pila GL3 Series

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for any fedback on the Pila G3's. I like the dual power options, but can't really find any comparison data to say a Scoprion, or PM6. I just picked up the PM6, and (in real world use) it is not much better than my Scoprion, or NF in throw. I was considering the SL Stinger, but didn't want to be left only to rechargeables to drive it. The Pilas may have this solved, by I need to know about bulbs, and throw, as compared to a scorion, and a SFA2, and the PM6

Can anyone help me out before I need another drink from lightbar.....

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Hey, I don't own a Pila, but did do some reading on the forum. Looks like you're not getting much of a response. I guess you'll have to do a search on the entire forum using the word PILA. I did this yesterday and found some interesting posts. I hope this helps.

paulr

Flashaholic
The G3 is bigger than the PM6, I think. If you want a bigger and more powerful 123 powered light, try a Streamlight TL3 xenon.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have searced and read what I cold find on the forum, but could not locate much to it's throw, or beam shots. As I am looking for something to put out more than the Scorpion, or PM6, and will need to use both recharge, and LI-ON batteries, this seemed like a good option. I don't really compare my lights with a meter, or by distance from a known wall. I use them together in IRL to compare them. But beam shots, and throw distance would be a good starting place.

WolfEyes

Newly Enlightened

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a GL3R. It's a great light. The throw is nice but it does have a large side spill. It is brighter than my 8NX. and the quality of light is superb, very white. I am considering mounting it on my Benelli shotgun for duty use.

The PILA lights have a "softer" hot spot compared to a Surefire. but the quality of light output is equal if not beeter. One other advantage is that the Rechargeable LI-Ions have a very flat discharge rate and the lights don't yellow a lot as they run down. It is a bit disconcerting to have the light just go out rather than become dimmer. It is possible to estimate the amount of time you have used it after a while and you get to know if it's time to recharge