Surefire flashlights sold by LL Bean

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Have been thinking about purchasing a Surefire 6 Px Pro and found that LL Bean has them (325/15) listed for $115.00. Have found them less expensive on Amazon and Ebay. Is there any reason someone would pay the higher price to LL Bean other than loyalty and they feel buying from them is 'safer'. Would like to hear some thoughts on the SF 6Px Pro and perhaps a recommendation as to where to purchase. Thanks !!

Last edited by a moderator:

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire knifes sold by LL Bean

LL Bean offers an unconditional guarantee on everything they sell. That means instead of taking a very, very low margin on items, they need to sell things usually close to MSRP. In cases where the manufacturer-supplied warranty may not cover you sufficiently, LL Bean's guarantee is quite valuable.

However, since Surefire has an excellent warranty, you can buy from anywhere (as long as it is an authentic Surefire) without fear.

I've bought my most recent Surefires from B&H here in NYC (they ship, too!) but there are many dealers here associated with CPF who will give you an awesome deal on them.

Norm

Retired Administrator

I'll move it to LED, early here and trying to get things sorted, I'm afraid I never got past the title. :( Title edited.

Norm

Last edited:

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened

carrot: Thank you for your post. Great explanation on LL Bean's ability to offer an unconditional guarantee on all items sold. Appreciate your statement also on the Surefire warranty. In that I am new on the site, can you assist me in getting in touch with your dealer in NYC (B&H) or some dealers on this site. Again, appreciate all your help.

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Norm: Understand you moving my post. Will hopefully do a better job in future posts. Am enjoying the site and learning much. Never realized there was so much more to a flashlight. Thought if you had two good batteries, a bulb, and knew how to turn it on and off, you were good to go. Boy, do I have a lot to learn.

carrot

Flashaholic
Scionti95,
You will need to register over at CPF Marketplace (it's a separate login) but to view the full list of dealers that offer a discount or good deals to CPFers, you can view them in either Norm's or my signature as "CPF Specials"

Finally, B&H is BHphotovideo.com and they only more recently became popular as a Surefire dealer after SF dropped the minimum pricing requirements for dealers, since they usually get product earlier than most and ship fast.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Surefire is one of very few companies that seems to guarantee their lights regardless of how you happened to acquire them. There's no benefit to buying from any particular dealer, unless you specifically need to be able to exchange the light in person (on the very unlikely chance of it failing).

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
carrot: Thanks for the tips. Have registered at CPF Marketplace. Will also pull up the B & H site and check them out. Appreciate !!

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Z-Tab: Thanks for the post. So good to hear that Surefire stands behind there products.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I used to have a Maglite that had the LL Bean logo on it... do you know if the Surefires will be LL Bean branded? That would be sort of neat (mostly because I live in New England.)

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
01foreman400: You are correct. Their selection is very limited and pricing is at full MSRP. They are a great company, but their pricing I feel on items of this nature are on the high end. Perhaps their buyer is one who feels comfortable with their unconditional guarantee/warranty on purchased items. I understand that validates their higher pricing. However, as 'carrot' pointed out in a previous post, Surefire stands behind their product. Thank you for your post. I am new on the site and it is good to get some feedback from members.

01foreman400

Newly Enlightened
They do a send me 10%-20% off e-mails about once a month though so that would make them competitive in their pricing. I prefer buying from B&H Video myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
01foreman400: You are the 2nd person on this thread that has mentioned B&H. I am going to have to research a phone number and give them a call. Again, thank you for your post.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like LL Bean's pants and flannel shirts which are way more durable than the ones found in other stores. I don't know that I'd pay extra to buy a Surefire there as undoubtedly it's the same exact Surefire you can buy from Amazon and you don't have to drive to the store...

Latest posts