Just like a BoyScout "Be Prepared"...

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just like a BoyScout \"Be Prepared\"...

fa5e6ea9.jpg

From L to R Vector 3mcp, Brinkman Q-Beam 1mcp, Digital Dimmer/Flasher Tailcap (For SL-35x), SL-35X, SL- Stinger HP XT w/piggyback & FastCharger, SL-UltraStinger. These lights are dedicated for just my 4 Beast and are always charged up ready to go in a pinch!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: Just like a BoyScout

Imagestation photos can't be posted as .jpg.orig.jpg - It only lets you post the .jpg link.

I've edited your post so that the photo is visible.

Al

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dukester-

Lot's of rechargeables in that picture.

I was screwed after the 1989 Loma Prieta quake, when I had no power for 36 hrs and no way to recharge things (Radio, Scanner, Lights)

Do you have a way of charging them up again if power is out 24hrs or more?

What I did was buy charging cords or charger stands that operated of 12V DC and can plug into cars cigarette lighters/accessory outlets. I also bought a Deep cycle Marine battery and made up a box with several fused cigarette outlets that hooked up to the battery. In addition I bought a 120v AC trickle charger to keep the battery constantly topped off.

GregR

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Imagestation photos can't be posted as .jpg.orig.jpg - It only lets you post the .jpg link.

I've edited your post so that the photo is visible.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Al, I don't understand because when I originally posted the photo about 30 minutes ago I could see it but you say no one else could, weird...

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
Dukester-

Lot's of rechargeables in that picture.

I was screwed after the 1989 Loma Prieta quake, when I had no power for 36 hrs and no way to recharge things (Radio, Scanner, Lights)

Do you have a way of charging them up again if power is out 24hrs or more?

GregR

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg you are correct! I do have a couple of Lithiums e.g. Scorpion and the TL-3 xenon and the long running TT-3C if I use the LED's only. These I used for my purpose to navigate around the house or property. However for the dogs I was thinking down the road on getting the SF M4, it looks like it would be a good thrower with it's turbohead? The M4 would be the only Lithium powered torch I would have dedicated for my beastly friends incase of a catastrophic event.

Dave

Size15's

Flashaholic

Get the M6 over the M4 - There has been discussion before that pretty much says the M6 is the one to have.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dukester-

Good deal!

I edited my post when I realized that I should have added what I did afterwards. Good thing about your Streamlights is I believe most of them offer AC/DC charging holders for the lights.

The other thing I forgot to add was Cordless Phones and now Cell phones.

I had an old family friend that was really screwed after the quake. With no power, his cordless phone wouldn't work, nor his emergency light that was plugged into an outlet. (He was so proud he would always have a bright light ready to go) The light came on when the power went out, as it's suppose to, but by the time this gent got home it had exhausted it's nicad batteries, which were rated for 90 mins runtime.

Afterwards he got set up with a maglight and I added a phone outlet to his trailer for a second regular phone.

GregR

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
Dukester-

Good deal!

I edited my post when I realized that I should have added what I did afterwards. Good thing about your Streamlights is I believe most of them offer AC/DC charging holders for the lights.

The other thing I forgot to add was Cordless Phones and now Cell phones.

I had an old family friend that was really screwed after the quake. With no power, his cordless phone wouldn't work, nor his emergency light that was plugged into an outlet. (He was so proud he would always have a bright light ready to go) The light came on when the power went out, as it's suppose to, but by the time this gent got home it had exhausted it's nicad batteries, which were rated for 90 mins runtime.

Afterwards he got set up with a maglight and I added a phone outlet to his trailer for a second regular phone.

GregR

[/ QUOTE ]

I also forgot to mention that I do have a Power Supply to jumpstart auto's. It is made by Vector Manufacturing and it does have a 12v DC Power Port and 1200 peak amps. I always keep this topped of whether it is used or not every couple months I plug it in to an AC Socket and it is topped off. If pushed came to shove I also have my car to use the 12v DC System to charge up my Streamlighs or TigerLight. The Stinger HP XT can be topped off in less then 2.5 hours provided the batt is not completed depleted, if it is it is a full 2.5 hours.

Dave