D25a mode changeing problem loose threading

american

Enlightened
Just got a 2013 female head threaded d 25a clicky if I touch the head at all the light changes modes from being wobbly. My 2012 version with a male head does not have this problem no matter how hard I push

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send it back. Mine is tight and smooth, something's wrong with yours. Even the 2012 D25A Ti I had was tight albeit somewhat rough being solid Ti.

american

Enlightened
What's odd I just tried I turn loose and it's fine but I hate to make a whole turn loose I usually keep my other one a mm from high low modes this doesn't even like half a turn

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
i just fixed a problem with mine and it had to do with the tailcap and switch. i suggest unscrewing the tailcap and making sure all the contact points and threads of the tailcap and switch are clean and screwing the tailcap back on securely. mine is working like a champ now...

american

Enlightened
My older ti I can keep a mm difference between tighten and loosen but this I have to make a whole half turn I can feel a little thread wobble

gunga

Flashaholic
I've had As few 2012 Tis. Minor wobble, but not too bad. I ended up locking out the max mode with an insulating washer. Solved my problem though you lose max output. On AA it's not
Much difference.