Did I get a really good ARC AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I recently got four new ARC AAA standards. One of them seems really bright, a lot brighter than my two ARC AAA premiums. Also, you know how the beam on an ARC AA is perfect, ending very crisply all around? I swear this ARC AAA's beam is almost identical, just a tad smaller but not much. I honestly have a hard time distinguishing one beam from the other. All my other AAA's don't have anywhere near this amount of spill, or a round beam. So did I just luck out with this one, and has anyone else received an above average ARC AAA?

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'd thought that Peter had said the beams were *supposed* to be identical. At any rate, I can't see any difference in the beams between my AAA-P and my AA first.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
bigred,

You might want to apply a bit of the scientific methodology to your review by swapping the four batteries and four flashlights (16 combinations) to ensure that it is not just one good or great battery and three others of lesser voltage. Take the battery voltage and power comoponents out of the equation, at which point if the same flashlight keeps having the brightest beam, you'll then be further assured of having collected a keeper for sure.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Just food for thought, I've found a bit of variety among several myself.

Regards,
Lighthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.