Foursevens Quark Lanyard operation

LightCrazy

Enlightened
The Quark comes with a nice lanyard with a silver clip. What does Foursevens expect you to clip the lanyard to? I could clip it around the pocket clip, but then there is a chance it could slide off. Kind of weird there is no pic of it in the instructions.

slntdth93

Newly Enlightened
I think they usually include a small split ring - that in turn fits in the small key-ring hole on the tailcap

LightCrazy

Enlightened
If the ring has to go through the hole instead of the slots, it must be tiny. I would think it would pull apart too easily and I'd lose the light.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
The split ring is quite adequate. If you have a Quark Pro and want to preserve the ability to tail stand, put the ring through a round hole and the adjacent slot so that it sticks out to the side.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
The split ring is quite adequate. If you have a Quark Pro and want to preserve the ability to tail stand, put the ring through a round hole and the adjacent slot so that it sticks out to the side.

This is the way Foursevens recommends you install the split ring. I usually choose the set of holes near the pocket clip rather than the opposite side - this avoids the ring digging into you if you use the clip as the ring does protrude a bit and it's better sticking out on the clip side. The he split ring is quite sturdy and won't easily be pulled of the light.

Latest posts