Aside from SF, which other modular platforms?

akula88

Enlightened
Aside from its quality and innovation, Surefire distinguishes itself by creating MODULAR PLATFORMS -- E-series, 2-cell and 3-cell series of personal and spec-ops lights.

Being able to exchange bezels, bodies, tail caps, filters and other accessories, as well as the availability of these parts with dealers makes them FUN to PLAY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif with or simple more USEFUL AND CUSTOMIZABLE...

Anyway, which other Flashlight manufacturer has this modularity? Anyone has standard cross-compatibility with Surefire, in terms of accepting accessories?

Mix and Match... (Mods doesn't qualify, only standard manufacturer's offerings)

Johnny.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as i know, there aren't any other companies who can do that like Surefire..

i know Princeton Tec, and possibly Pelican have some lights with interchangeable parts..

and some Surefire heads work on the Streamlight Scorpion.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
akula88,

I think SureFire is bascially it when it comes to the modularity and build your own accessability. I for one hope that if and when SureFire's Marketing and Production can catch up with the demand of all of their new releases that we will see more availability of the product at the component and true modularity level.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Other mfrs. w/modular platforms

There are but a few other flashlight makers that offer a modicum of "bolt-on" accesories, but none even approach those of Surefire, LLC.

Some years back, Tacstar offered tape switches for handguns and shotguns. Diamond Products' TACMIII has bezel and switch options. Rodac has bezel assemblies as well. Armament System and Procedures, a tiny company that once specialized in converting Smith & Wesson Model 39 9mm semiauto pistols for spooks and better known today by its acronym ASP, offers a tactical type flashlight with a Baton Connector Switch attachable to its bread and butter product, the collapseable baton. An Endcap that encapsulates a spare bulb can be attached to the baton side if the sidesaddle switch is left attached.

Additionally, there is the standard Soft Switch, a press and hold Shooting Switch, and a Logo Switch that replaces the soft rubber membrane of the Soft Switch with a die struck brass pad that is offered with various logos.

There is a choice of either a round profile Xenon bulb and a teardrop-shop variant that allows for a VERY tight focus.

Also offered is the Time Capsule that is an aluminum, dedicated 2-CR123 lithium battery carrier. It is esentially a tube open at both ends. One endcap carriers a spare bulb while the other cap carries a soft rubber membrane for the switch that also functions as a grip for handling the Xenon bulb.

Then there is the stainless steel lens ring (now out of production, I believe) that replaces the standard aluminum version. The stainless ring helps with the occasional accidental bump against other objects that might ordinarly and readily "ding" an aluminum ring.

The ASP Taclite (no longer made) with the internal focusing Lamp Assembly, Stainless Steel Lens Ring, Soft Switch is my EDC incandescent Level III light.

Lastly, there is the genuine gold plated ASP Taclite presented to me in a rare ebony wood case when I retired from my last career. This one does not leave my vault; not because of the value (it's just a flashlight), but because I'm too embarrassed to let anyone see this old conservative owning something more appropriate for bordello executive management. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

KT