Has the SC52w been updated?

holygeez03

Enlightened
I got my H52Fw in the mail today and the tint is strikingly different from my SC52w... the H52Fw tint is much more red... It reminds me more of my old H501w, but I haven't compared them directly yet. Not as warm as my SC51w, but not green like the SC52w...

So does anyone have a newer SC52w with this new batch of reddish "w" emitters?

markr6

Flashaholic
I had two SC52w lights - one sickly green, one almost acceptable.

Not to derail the thread, but do any other manufacturers have such an issue with varying tints? I've seen it a bit with Fenix, several LD12s and LD22s, but not to this degree.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I have an SC52w as well... but it was purchased back in July... it is definitely greener than I would prefer, but it was acceptable... except now the H52Fw has a much better tint, but it doesn't match my SC52w... so I am hoping that ZL will start putting the new reddish emitters in the SC52w... hopefully someone here will let me know if that happens.

Quality

Newly Enlightened
I bought my SC52w in September. Its tint is perfect not green at all. When compared to a cool white it definitely is almost reddish but not overly so.

I had my supplier cherry pick me one from his stock after I described to him what I wanted.

holygeez03

Enlightened
That sounds to me like ZL changed the SC52w to the same emitter being used in my new H52Fw... hopefully that is true from here forward... when they are back in stock, I may need to find out for myself.

markr6

Flashaholic
I asked ZL about it when I purchased then returned my first SC52w. They just said it would be the same emitter but new spool of LEDs when the first one is gone (obvious). I even cherry picked my third SC52w to get what I "thought" was neutral, but still very green. Fortunately, I was able to skip the other 8-10 lights I checked, which were nowhere close to neutral white. They varied anywhere from baby pea puke to Ebola diarrhea. I really appreciate vendors that let you check tints before purchasing.